What is it about Tony Romo? (1 Viewer)

Tony Romo has played well. That said, there's also very little game film out there on him. He has a solid offense around him and his mobility aids him on the field. A big reason for the problems that Dallas had prior to going with Romo was that Drew Bledsoe was so stiff in the pocket and took too many sacks. If you're taking sacks, you're not converting on third down, which means you're defense is spending too much time on the field while points are not going up on the board.

I think the Romo hype will die down soon, particularly after we play them. I think Drew Brees will out duel him and I think we beat Dallas convincingly. Just my gut feeling.

But I do think some of the hype around Romo is crazy. I mean, I just heard Skip Bayless call Romo the first Romo and claim he's never seen anything like this guy. ****!!! I mean, c'mon now...Romo looks good out there, but not great and has not done anything that would make me place him ahead of Manning, Brees, Palmer, Brady and a handful of other top QBs out there.

Hes good. Accuracy leaves something to be desired at times, but hes def. the real deal.

well, we are in a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world. and lately, Romo had 5 touchdowns. When he throws 3 interceptions against us, the focus will be back on brees.

at some point though, he will come back to earth as all hot backups do after a few games, Hopefully next week.

But I do think some of the hype around Romo is crazy. I mean, I just heard Skip Bayless call Romo the first Romo and claim he's never seen anything like this guy. ****!!! I mean, c'mon now...Romo looks good out there, but not great and has not done anything that would make me place him ahead of Manning, Brees, Palmer, Brady and a handful of other top QBs out there.

That's just the media doing what they do best: Pontificating - Talking in a pompous manner.

Im tired of all the "He will come back to earth" talk... I just want to smack that lil smirk off his face when we BEAT them down on thier home turf !!! and Im spent.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom