What is it about Tony Romo? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Why is everyone kissing up to Tony Romo. He has only played a handful of games, and he is already the darling of the league. I guess it goes back to the days when Dallas was the so called, "Americas Team" Drew Brees is obviously a much better QB than Romo, and we are going to prove it in two weeks, after we stomp San Francisco's butt!

who? tony homo, thats the ole bench warmer for dallas. hes doing good, should he be ranked amoung the leagues best, no. he has given dallas a spark, but really, aaron brooks couldve had the same success if not more in the dallas system. bottom line is we got the better drew. bledsoe has seen better days, and will fade away into the background like kerry collins. homo has better scrambling ability, and he dumps it to his check off receivers. hes a good game manager. i just wouldnt classify him with the likes of brees, peyton, brady, or any guy who has had success in the nfl for years and not a few weeks. once teams see what his streangths and weaknesses he come back down to earth. remember peyton knows this kid, and his weaknesses and tendancies. he will go down, baby. who dat!

Why is everyone kissing up to Tony Romo. He has only played a handful of games, and he is already the darling of the league. I guess it goes back to the days when Dallas was the so called, "Americas Team" Drew Brees is obviously a much better QB than Romo, and we are going to prove it in two weeks, after we stomp San Francisco's butt!

If you recall, much of the same thing happened when Brooks relieved for an injured Jeff Blake in 2000. A few good games, a fresh face, and the media was all over AB that year.

Remember AB's rookie card jumping by some astronomical amount on Ebay almost overnight?

That fresh face phenomenom is compounded even more in the NFL if it's a player in a large market city, and DFW is the 4th or 5th largest TV market in the US.

Couple that with the fact he's a Cowboy (America still loves them for whatever reason), and there's your answer.

He's just the newest "fresh face" QB story in the NFL who's had immediate success... Nothing more, nothing less.

1) Media Love for Dallas
2) Jerry Jones Pimping
3) Unreal offensive talent in Dallas
4) TO drama queen
5) Parcells is great for sound bites
6) Dallas is beating up on crappy teams.
7) Naturally Tony Romo is the reason for all the success [/sarcasm]

He is 4-1 as a starter for a team that was at .500 when he took over. Of those games they won the Cowboys beat a hot Panthers team on the road and Indy at home. He has the leagues best passer rating, he threw 5 TD's on Thanksgiving day, he has completed 73% of his passes and 78.5% over the last two games, he has 9 TD's to 1 interception (his first pass) which would look like 30Td's 3 ints if he held true for an entire season, he plays the highest profile position for the highest profile coach, with the highest profile owner, throwing to the highest profile WR on one of the highest profile teams in the country. The Cowboys have the talent around the QB position to make a legit Super Bowl run and all they needed was a QB that didn't kill them and so far Romo has done that and much more. Am I sick of the Romo hype? Hell yeah but at least he is getting it for playing good instead of having a last name like Vick.

Someone new to write and talk about for the sports guys 2/3rds into the season

He is 4-1 as a starter for a team that was at .500 when he took over. Of those games they won the Cowboys beat a hot Panthers team on the road and Indy at home. He has the leagues best passer rating, he threw 5 TD's on Thanksgiving day, he has completed 73% of his passes and 78.5% over the last two games, he has 9 TD's to 1 interception (his first pass) which would look like 30Td's 3 ints if he held true for an entire season, he plays the highest profile position for the highest profile coach, with the highest profile owner, throwing to the highest profile WR on one of the highest profile teams in the country. The Cowboys have the talent around the QB position to make a legit Super Bowl run and all they needed was a QB that didn't kill them and so far Romo has done that and much more. Am I sick of the Romo hype? Hell yeah but at least he is getting it for playing good instead of having a last name like Vick.

We accept the challenge that is the Cownuts. :hihi:

I guess that answered my question, but I still don't like him or Dallas! :angryrazz:

maybe because he shread the Bux on thanksgiving.....no one has beat them all year and he goes out and has a preformance like that....oh wait EVERYONE has beat them all year including the Saints and Drew Brees

Sean Payton could mean the Diff.

If Sean Payton can adjust the team to defend the 3-4 defense, I believe the Saints have a shot. Just ask Peyton Manning....Ha, Ha,.

Naturally, we all want the Cowboys starting quarterback to fail. However, you have to admit that the guy has been playing amazing considering this is first year as a starter. He has also gotten better every week. He does deserve a lot of credit.

With that being said, the media's love affair with him is absurd. The fact that he's ranked ahead of Brees in the QB ratings on ESPN's website is mind-boggling. He simply hasn't played long enough for them start crowing him the best QB in the NFC. Let's wait until he has a bad game (which he inevitably will, hopefully in two weeks) then see how he responds.

The Cowboys have been a mediocre team for soo long now; yet, with the way the media covers them, you would think they had been Super Bowl contenders every year. I think they're just glad they have somebody they can cling to so that they can try to rationalize their inexplicable constant praise of an average (in recent years) football team.

here some more info on romo:

Tony Romo made an odd admission Tuesday. "I don't really like cheese," the Cowboys quarterback said. Remember this is a man who grew up in Wisconsin, the land of cheese. "It's an oxymoron, I know," he said.

Cowboys QB Tony Romo has decided to set the record straight on his dating life. "So I don't have to answer any more questions about this, I'm not dating Jessica Simpson, nor have I gone on a date with her," Romo said while laughing. "I appreciate everyone's interest in my social life, but I think I may try to play it close to the vest from here on out."

he will not continue to perform as well as he has......

here some more info on romo:

Tony Romo made an odd admission Tuesday. "I don't really like cheese," the Cowboys quarterback said. Remember this is a man who grew up in Wisconsin, the land of cheese. "It's an oxymoron, I know," he said.

Cowboys QB Tony Romo has decided to set the record straight on his dating life. "So I don't have to answer any more questions about this, I'm not dating Jessica Simpson, nor have I gone on a date with her," Romo said while laughing. "I appreciate everyone's interest in my social life, but I think I may try to play it close to the vest from here on out."

And I thought Jessica was the reason for that "I'm so new" smile on his face. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom