what is noc (sp?) (1 Viewer)

aj

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am having horrible trouble with my bellsouth dsl - so far i've talked to them on the phone about 5 hrs and the tech was here for another 3 hrs - everything works good when he logs on with his username etc but whenever we try to log on with my username we can't surf - the last thing the tech people on the phone told him was it was some kind of noc problem - what is that???

NOC = network operations center.

Some kind of NOC problem = we don't know what the problem is.

but if the tech logged in from your house with his username and pwd then it's something with your user account not setup properly!

but if the tech logged in from your house with his username and pwd then it's something with your user account not setup properly!

that's what the tech kept trying to tell the helpdesk - don't know if they ever understood that

For clarity; he is using YOUR PC and keying in HIS username into your DSL modem with no other changes?

Are you getting login/authentication failure messages? With his account logged in, can you go to bellsouth.net and check your webmail account?

It sounds like it could be a problem with your userid/password; their B-RAS won't hand out an IP without a good authentication and you can't surf without a good IP.

A BellSouth tech should have a way to escalate into their NOC - demand this if it is not offered.

Last edited:
yep - he used my pc and logged in with his username on my modem - no problems at all - just change the userid to mine and it won't work

yes - i can check my email while his id is logged in

we never got any kind of error messages

the helpdesk said they would call me in 24-48 hours - which was up about 30 mins ago - the tech gave me his phone number to call monday if they haven't solved the issue by then

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom