What is Payton up to? (1 Viewer)

• Teddy will get right around $20M/Yr. $18M to $25M, but since you took the under, I'll take the over.
I agree with this.
  • Taysom is 1st round tendered.
  • No team issues Taysom an offer sheet.
  • No offer for the Saints to match, so we'll never know what they would've done.
I agree with this as well. If a team does sign TH7, we take the 1st round pick. If no one does, they pay TH7 what they feel he's worth which is around the $5 million per year mark.
  • Taysom plays his usual role but gets a few more QB snap.

I agree with this.
  • 1/2 the fans will exaggerate Taysom's successes, 1/2 the fans will exaggerate Taysom's shortcomings.
  • Taysom will not have enough QB stats in 2020 to adequately compare his #'s to Teddy's #'s.
Yeah, 1/2 the fans may exaggerate TH7's successes but I don't believe that half take a dump on what he does on the field. I think more people are simply realist and don't constantly wear black and gold TH7 glasses. If Hill has to start and play 5-6 games and wins all of them, then we can have this conversation again.

The more important question that has yet to be answered: if we can figure this out and assume that it is true to Hype and drive Hill’s value up...other NFL GMs can’t?

The question was who is pushing it? Payton or the media. If Payton and Taysom weren't in Orlando doing interviews superbowl week I don't think it would be a story. That's how they got the "he's a franchise quarterback", "we may get a 1st round pick for him" quotes from Payton and the "I want to be a starting quarterback" quote from Taysom. All of those quotes are what that media ran with. Without the interviews you don't have the quotes.

Taysom's future has been a topic for a long time. Watched the interviews and it is not Sean Payton that brings up Taysom it the media that was leading off with Taysom.

This was the perfect example. Even before they asked what Drew's future was they start the interview asking if Taysom is the man.

Taysom's future has been a topic for a long time. Watched the interviews and it is not Sean Payton that brings up Taysom it the media that was leading off with Taysom.

This was the perfect example. Even before they asked what Drew's future was they start the interview asking if Taysom is the man.

Payton takes interviews where he wants to take them.

Perfect example is when he was asked about an extension for Kamara and he immediately said they have to worry about extensions for all their guys from that draft.

When Payton has a message to send, regardless of the question, he sends it. Even if it requires a redirect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom