What is Rob Ryan's Draft History? (1 Viewer)

Boondock

Veritas Aequitas
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good beat on the type of players that he drafts or how well he is at developing talent?

His drafts in Oakland belonged to Al Davis, so you can't really count those and the same goes for his years at Dallas. Those belonged to Jerry Jones. So, that leaves his years in Cleveland as the best ones to critique him on.

has never been a hc or gm so he does not have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has never been a hc or gm so he does not have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys know wht he meant

While he was in oakland they brought in tyvon Branch and Nnamdi
Cleveland was Joe Haden and TJ Ward
Dallas Mo Claiborne and Sean Lee

So teams have generally addressed the secondary under him if they didnt already have a solid secondary in place.

One could say we have a safety/cb issue and point to the secondary n

One coulda also say we still have a need @ 3tech nd point to guys like Floyd n richardson

While others feel an OLB is our biggest need.

I think inside pressure is harder to find so thts where i want to start. Its plenty of athletic guys who can bring pressure from around the edge. However if the QB can step up into a clean pocket because of a lack of inside pressure how effective is tht edge rusher?

You guys know wht he meant

While he was in oakland they brought in tyvon Branch and Nnamdi
Cleveland was Joe Haden and TJ Ward
Dallas Mo Claiborne and Sean Lee

So teams have generally addressed the secondary under him if they didnt already have a solid secondary in place.

One could say we have a safety/cb issue and point to the secondary n

One coulda also say we still have a need @ 3tech nd point to guys like Floyd n richardson

While others feel an OLB is our biggest need.

I think inside pressure is harder to find so thts where i want to start. Its plenty of athletic guys who can bring pressure from around the edge. However if the QB can step up into a clean pocket because of a lack of inside pressure how effective is tht edge rusher?

Everything starts in the trenches, so that's where I want us to target.

thanks for the reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything starts in the trenches, so that's where I want us to target.

SP mentioned tht our defense would resemble the defense u saw in Houston and Dallas. Wade ran the 1gap in both places. We need tht 3/5 tech who can wreak havoc. Unless they plan on re signing Sed Ellis we have a hole there. We could sign one in FA but really good ones dont make it to FA.

They are calling this a Big Boy draft. Its a lotta guys tht can get it done there in this draft. Its our job to find that guy.

Of course the team could feel Cam Jordan is that guy and play him there but...hes a De in the*under front*imho. So yeah

Cam Jordan has been a very good run defender. I dont know the percentages but in 3Gs scheme the lde plays 5tech in the base. Thts why he two downed. In the base 4 -3 USUALLY the lde plays 5tech. Again i know crap im just speculating. Hes been playing the 5 alot and hes good@it. In the base 3-4under the rde plays 5 in the base. You want your strongest run defender on the weakside..as its really the strong side of the D.

Can we really say hicks is our best run defender? No tht title goes to Jordan hands down and thts who u want as the RDE in.

Nothing wrong with hicks remaining in rotation with bunkley doing wht he was really good@...playing 1tech
Tht doesnt mean he only get reps@1tech.but its a strength of his why not build on it?

We dont have a 3tech. Ellis could have been tht if he was worth it....but tom Johnson/tyrrun walker could match his production but we are missing a disruptive guy to put in tht spot.

You dont think SP mentioned vilma could play the wilb just to say it? No in theory vilma will be covered by Jordan and Bunk or Hicks. I trust Jordan to man that 5 tech...hes been doing a damn job@ it his whole career. Bunk n hicks held down the nose last year....continue with wht works. They are the same techniques.

Al Davis and Jerry Jones almost certainly controlled the draft boards in his tenure there. In Cleveland he was under Mangini and so, almost certainly, was not the primary decision maker for even defensive draft picks then. So there's nothing to gain by reviewing his drafts,

I think changing to 3-4 will better utilize our talent in the front 7, and even without changes we will see improvement just from players like wilson, galette,hicks on the field more. the Safeties and Corners however will play like they did in 2011 , better than 2012 but still poorly. We need to improve this group first, tweener OLB the draft is full of and only half the teams want them, so we will see some great ones fall in this draft. I would take a CB if we think one is worthy of the 15 pick. We also need this because most of the time we will be in nickel and need another corner.

i would bring in a victor butler or paul kruger in FA and draft another like brandon jenkins or cornellius carridine in the 3rd, but players like Stansly Maponga will be there in the 6th http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o61Zc2egAr0

No, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have too much free time.
Everyone knows Ryan likes his corners

I think changing to 3-4 will better utilize our talent in the front 7, and even without changes we will see improvement just from players like wilson, galette,hicks on the field more. the Safeties and Corners however will play like they did in 2011 , better than 2012 but still poorly. We need to improve this group first, tweener OLB the draft is full of and only half the teams want them, so we will see some great ones fall in this draft. I would take a CB if we think one is worthy of the 15 pick. We also need this because most of the time we will be in nickel and need another corner.

i would bring in a victor butler or paul kruger in FA and draft another like brandon jenkins or cornellius carridine in the 3rd, but players like Stansly Maponga will be there in the 6th Stansly Maponga Destroys Robert Griffin III (RGIII) TCU Horned Frogs Baylor 2011 - YouTube

I just started to look at Stansly Maponga today. He reminds me a lot of Junior Galette.

I just started to look at Stansly Maponga today. He reminds me a lot of Junior Galette.

I don't know how good he will be, but for a 6th rounder, he has the size, speed, and the year before last great production

Hard to day. He has mostly worked for control freaks on D.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom