What is Shockey worth? (1 Viewer)

As I stated on the Dan Morgan thread, I think giving up a 2nd rounder is being generous, and I certainly wouldn't go any higher than that. However, my statement quoted in the original post was in response to these comments:

Why do you compare it to the Ricky Williams trade, Rum? Why would it be "gutting the franchise?" Furthermore, if we gave up a 2nd rounder this year, why would it be a disaster, but if we gave up next year's 2nd rounder it would be ok? I think it's fair to ask for clarification here.

I could be over re-acting, but I don't think so... we have better prospects for this years's picks than next year's.

Next year's 2nd is a reach--win this year.

We can get a good DEF player on our 2nd this year. I'm not that worried about next year's 2nd.

I think it would be more of he'd have too much respect for Drew to mouth off. He has a charisma and leadership about him that Manning doesn't, and I'd bet we'd see more of Shockey having undying loyalty to him than a bad attitude.

Or Brees will send him to the corner. :hihi:

I would love to see this.... then Shockey would be worth it.

that is the one truth--THIS IS DREW'S TEAM

and Drew will sent any mal-contents to time-out in da corner--and I doubt any Saints fan has a prob with dat.

Dew's way (SP's way) or da highway. ;)

Postman, sorry If I misunderstood your position--thought you wanted Shockey not matter what...

My bad...

He's worth a 1st thats just a fact, he is. But sometimes you hold off and negotiate because eventually the owner might need to sell what he has and you get a bargain.

otay... a 2 and 5 was off my board--but I can live with it... I hope. ;)

I see they got him BEFORE training camp--that says something, I think. ;)

otay... a 2 and 5 was off my board--but I can live with it... I hope. ;)

I see they got him BEFORE training camp--that says something, I think. ;)

Yeah. It surely dragged out for many months, but it was done before camp. Major plus.

I have been vocal about this and won't deny it--TO ME, a 2 and 5 is OVER-PAYMENT--NOW, let's deal wit it and WIN... :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom