What is Shockey worth? (1 Viewer)

Rum

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, I disagree, and if you don't want to debate, that's fine. But when you make statements like "Shockey for this year's #2 would be a disaster" and when you insinuate that it would be the equivalent of "gutting the franchise" but giving up next year's #2 would be ok, it would be nice if you could give some clarification.

Injuries, attitude, and look at all the CBs and DTs available at the 41st pick--I could be wrong--and have been often.. lol but this is just my feelings on the matter.

I think we have filled our quota of having guys on our roster that are still in rehab for injuries

McKenzie,Deuce,Vilma,Morgan,Bush

honestly, a #2 (but more like a 3) next year... or maybe a #3 this year (4 more like it)

lol.. jazzbo, guess you figured out I ain't a big Shockey fan.. lol

If he were totally healthy and signed a longer contract: **** yeah, he's worth that pick. His fierce attitude is what this O needs and he would not pop off to Brees and Payton the way he did Manning and Coughlin. Its not even a question. The odds of getting his talent at that position (and an area of need for us) with even a late first is unlikely.

Injured and on his last year (I think): Its debatable.

Not to mention, Payton knows the dude. I trust SP's idea of his character over ours, considering we've never even met the guy (I'm assuming).

what's he worth?

Easy, a 4th rounder...

NYG is crazy yo!

As I stated on the Dan Morgan thread, I think giving up a 2nd rounder is being generous, and I certainly wouldn't go any higher than that. However, my statement quoted in the original post was in response to these comments:

I love Shockey's fire when he's on--but why gut the franchise like Ditka did for Rickey Williams?

for this year's #2, it would be a disaster...
next year's #2, maybe ok...

Why do you compare it to the Ricky Williams trade, Rum? Why would it be "gutting the franchise?" Furthermore, if we gave up a 2nd rounder this year, why would it be a disaster, but if we gave up next year's 2nd rounder it would be ok? I think it's fair to ask for clarification here.

Last edited:
I would say a 3rd and a conditional pick next year.

3 rd at most. he is not worth a 2. the guy wasn't even on the sideline with his team during the superbowl

If he were totally healthy and signed a longer contract: **** yeah, he's worth that pick. His fierce attitude is what this O needs and he would not pop off to Brees and Payton the way he did Manning and Coughlin. Its not even a question. The odds of getting his talent at that position (and an area of need for us) with even a late first is unlikely.

Injured and on his last year (I think): Its debatable.

Not to mention, Payton knows the dude. I trust SP's idea of his character over ours, considering we've never even met the guy (I'm assuming).

Drew would send his whiney azz to da corner of da SuperDome--then ask him if he was ready to play.

I think it would be more of he'd have too much respect for Drew to mouth off. He has a charisma and leadership about him that Manning doesn't, and I'd bet we'd see more of Shockey having undying loyalty to him than a bad attitude.

Or Brees will send him to the corner. :hihi:

Shockey has made it very clear that if it's not about him he doesn't care. To me he's a punk with attitude and a cancer whereever he goes. Hope he's traded to the CFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom