What is the best Duran Duran song? (1 Viewer)

What’s interesting to me is that Nick Rhodes owns the full rights to the band and when it was put together with the classic 5 members each got 20% of the royalties. After they leave and come back they have to renegotiate percentages and such to get back in and they don't necessarily get the 20% any longer.

Did any of you guys ever listen to The Stranglers? I was listening to them this morning and their song “ (Get a) Grip (on yourself)” has me thinking of Duran Duran’s “Rio” (The bass did At least).

Man, Britain had some pretty great stuff in the 70s and 80s. Queen, Duran Duran, The Police, Chariots of Fire.

Thank you for this! I had never heard it.
Check out their latest albums. There are some duds on them, but honestly not that many. Pressure Off is awesome.

I also really like The Man Who Stole A Leopard, which is a different sound for them.

Heck, I'll link the videos for some of the others I listed.
Falling Down

Perfect Day

Palomino

(Reach Up For The) Sunrise

(Hard to believe Sunrise is 15 years old already...)

All y'all wrong who didn't say Ordinary World. A View to a Kill is a distant second

Last edited:
I guess I am the only one that likes Hungry like the Wolf best? But they do have a lot of songs that I like.
I scrolled through the thread and wondered what took so long for it to be mentioned. I'm partial to it because it takes me back to the early MTV and music videos days.

When they first came out, I thought of them as a "pretty boy" band that the girl's liked.

But they had some good songs.

Still listen to them on occasion.

HOLD BACK THE RAIN

Best songs by album

Duran Duran: Nightboat
Rio: Hold back the Rain
Seven and the Ragged Tiger: Shadows are on your side
Notorious: Hold Me
Big Thing: Land
Liberty: Serious
Duran Duran: Breath after breath
Medazzaland: Electric Barbarella
Astronaut: Want you more
Red Carpet Massacre: Box Full o'Honey
All You Need is Now: Girl Panic
Paper Gods: Pressure Off

At the risk of drawing the ire of some of my favorite people on SR, I was never a fan of Duran Duran. But my cousin worked with them some and their song Do You Believe in Shame was dedicated to him after his death in a Jeep accident. So if I ever see old footage of them working on tracks, I watch to see if I can get a glimpse of Alex.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom