What is the difference between the Raiders and Saints ? (1 Viewer)

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
Honestly....I just think a little luck. I was listening to Sirius radio which I do everyday in my truck and JUMPSHOT called in and had some valid points about us being able to make a run and get back into things. He went over our injuries and such, coaching etc.....They told him they have zero faith in us because we cant stop ANYBODY.

YET, They were talking about the Raiders who are giving up tons of yards and points also but they just need to get it together. A Raider fan called in and was griping about how bad their defense has been playing and was pretty upset about it.

Are we not in the same situation but better ? We have tons of injuries and they don't. What I mean by better situation is that's their starters getting roasted and we have back-ups to back-ups playing.

Anyways just thought it was annoying considering we have a HOF QB and an offense that's ferocious with a billion injuries on defense. I guess everyone is on the Raider hype right now....

It's because our defense has been bad for years and this year it is no different, if not WORSE. I don't personally think our defense can "turn it around", but I have faith our offense can win some games.

They are above .500, the Saints are not. If the Saints win at Kansas City and beat Seattle in the Dome, then you'll hear more about the Saints. Especially if Atlanta loses to Green Bay.

the fact you're comparing us to the raiders says a lot......I personally think we're a draft pick or 2 away from greatness. I don't think we're where the raiders are because we have Drew and CSP which trumps any potential the raiders may have. We will make a run before they do. This year though.....we're just not there yet and the injuries will keep us in the raider comparison. Next year or the year after.....I think we'll be getting compared to better teams. Hopefully the Pats. :D

It's because our defense has been bad for years and this year it is no different, if not WORSE. I don't personally think our defense can "turn it around", but I have faith our offense can win some games.
Our defense is definitely not worse than its been in previous years. Statistically, we aren't a good defense. But, watching them, unlike prior years, we have elements of being better. Wev've put together solid series here and there. But we haven't put it together for a whole game yet. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel.its just a pretty long tunnel.

Last edited:
Our defense is definitely not worse than its been in previous years. Statistically, we aren't a good defense. But, watching them, unlike prior years, we have elements of being better. Wevery put together solid series here and there. But we haven't put it together for a whole game yet. But I see the light at the e MN d of the tunnel.

That's kinda the way I was seeing it also. I'm not gonna go over all the list of guys we have had injured on defense as that's been beat to death. I could totally see us at 5-1 without the injury bug. We have been in every single game we lost except the Falcon game which could have been different if we had a full crew of starters to put on the field. I actually think we are a lot better than Oakland but they were a good comparison.

Our QB, Playcaller, and WR corps are better. Systematically it's not the same offense and presents its own challenges to a D.

Norton is a 1st time dcoordinator I'm not surprised at that defense and it's their first year in the system/3-4

Our QB, Playcaller, and WR corps are better. Systematically it's not the same offense and presents its own challenges to a D.

Norton is a 1st time dcoordinator I'm not surprised at that defense and it's their first year in the system/3-4

So you would say our defense could still be adjusting to DA's system ? I know he took over last season but kept running RR's scheme.

So you would say our defense could still be adjusting to DA's system ? I know he took over last season but kept running RR's scheme.

Kinda but not really. I think injuries/players released really killed what this D could have been. Depth is still an issue and you can tell when the 4th Q hits. I don't think it'll finish 32nd again but we're a year and more pieces/health away from being a good complimentary D.

"Silver and gold, silver and gold..."

yukonlicking.gif

Our defense is definitely not worse than its been in previous years. Statistically, we aren't a good defense. But, watching them, unlike prior years, we have elements of being better. Wevery put together solid series here and there. But we haven't put it together for a whole game yet. But I see the light at the e MN d of the tunnel.

It's impossible to be WORSE than the historically bad, 3 of the past 4 years. You can't really get worse than worst ever. But this defense is bad. Its not just the yardage...it's the yardage and penalty yardage. I don't know why opposing offenses don't just go deep once a drive against us. We've won two games...one largely by a gift from SD...and another once again saved by the offense. But I'm under no delusion that this is a competent defense. It has room for improvement if we can get some guys back...but the key is to not lose guys at the same rate that we get others back. That has been the unsolvable problem this season.

I think its how we have won also... our offense is winning games. If the D could stop someone that might change opinions. I feel like our health making a turn for the better might make a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cities they playin the fan base colors of uniforms different logos on helmets just to name a couple

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom