What is the max cap number you pay Jameis? (1 Viewer)

What is the max per year you pay Jameis?

• 5mil

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • 7.5mil

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • 10mil

Votes: 45 19.6%
  • 12.5mil

Votes: 21 9.1%
  • 15mil

Votes: 49 21.3%
  • 17.5mil

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • 20mil

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • 22.5mil

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 25+mil

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 24 10.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sticky Post
You are coach/GM. How much per year is too much for you to pay for Jameis service.

Assume all incentives will be considered "likely to be earned" by the league. So they count towards the cap number we have to handle at the new league year.

Edit: As far as incentives and other unique contracts, assume Jameis will bet on himself but you must beat out another team's contract. The competing contract is a traditional $/yr contract. What was their average $/yr you were just willing to beat?

Last edited:

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They can't give out that deal. He'll probably be a 5 year deal with a window to exit after two years.
There’s no way he’s signing a 5 year deal. I think he gets a 1 year deal or a 3 year deal with an out after 2.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There’s no way he’s signing a 5 year deal. I think he gets a 1 year deal or a 3 year deal with an out after 2.
With covid. We can't push his dead money into this year or even next. It's 2023 when the cap should be back to normal. An Out is where you eat up the dead GTD money for a financial incentive to cut.

So, they'll probably give him a fair incentive laden back end deal somewhat like Drew Brees got in 2006 with a nice signing bonus for 4 or 5 years with an out after 3 years when the cap goes back to normal. The year 3 out is possibly a Year 2 Post June cut.

I don't see them giving a 3 year deal with a 4th year void either.

It would have to be either a 4 or 5 year prove it deal.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With covid. We can't push his dead money into this year or even next. It's 2023 when the cap should be back to normal. An Out is where you eat up the dead GTD money for a financial incentive to cut.

So, they'll probably give him a fair incentive laden back end deal somewhat like Drew Brees got in 2006 with a nice signing bonus for 4 or 5 years with an out after 3 years when the cap goes back to normal. The year 3 out is possibly a Year 2 Post June cut.

I don't see them giving a 3 year deal with a 4th year void either.

It would have to be either a 4 or 5 year prove it deal.
A 4 or 5 year prove it deal? What’s a regular deal? 10 years? A prove it deal is 1 year. 4 years is standard for a qb these days. A qb that had no market last year and threw 11 passes since then? 1 year.

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
zero, he'll be playing for seattle as part of a sign and trade for Russell Wilson!!!!!! i wish

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A lot has changed in 15 years. But technically it was a 1 year 10 mil contract with a 5 year 50 mil team option.
It was 20 million Gtd contract..

And Brees had career threatening injury. Jameis is completely healthy with a new agent and we are $70 million over the cap.

Quit trying to pivot, because the salary cap situation is gonna dictate Winston's contract.

Right now... There is a snowball chance for us to contend if we have to get under $17 million under the cap to sign him to a one year deal and keep this team together.

We aren't doing a rebuild till we start going 7-9 again and that's what Loomis and Payton said.

They are gonna try to sign him to multi year deal and won't be able to cut him till post June 2022. And I doubt that's even possible

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
The market sets the number.

If nobody wants him like last year, then you get him for really really cheap.

I'm thinking it's a 1 or 2 year deal in the neighborhood of what Teddy made.

OP
Stalwart385
Reaction score
It was 20 million Gtd contract..

And Brees had career threatening injury. Jameis is completely healthy with a new agent and we are $70 million over the cap.

Quit trying to pivot, because the salary cap situation is gonna dictate Winston's contract.

Right now... There is a snowball chance for us to contend if we have to get under $17 million under the cap to sign him to a one year deal and keep this team together.

We aren't doing a rebuild till we start going 7-9 again and that's what Loomis and Payton said.

They are gonna try to sign him to multi year deal and won't be able to cut him till post June 2022. And I doubt that's even possible
I would be pretty surprised with a long term contract. I don't think Jameis would want something like that. It's not likely to have long term guarantees and if he plays well enough to stay he's probably out playing it. My guess would be 2 years with void years. Year 2 being cuttable. Could be wrong though.

That stuff doesn't matter a ton to me. It's all Loomis funny money. They'll find a way to structure it if they agree on a number and length of service. I'm just worried about how much they compete in the market and how much they value him to take away from their zero-sum game.

Last edited:
OP
Stalwart385
Reaction score
He got a minimum laster year last minute by us. Not sure where these choices came from. So not playing barely last year makes him worth more?

No one is signing him to start. The end. Learn a new o? Mesh with team.
You'd be surprised how different the market is this year.

You will have 4-6 teams looking for a starter fighting over this list of QBs

Jacoby Brissett
Andy Dalton
Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jimmy Garapollo
Sam Darnold
Mitch Trubisky

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll trust SP on this. If he believes Jameis is the future, then you don’t let him leave the building. You match any offer.

Plus, it’s hard to assign a $ value because you know Loomis and Harley will do crazy things with the cap. So $15 million could actually be more like $10 mil.
I’ve trusted him on too many bust in the past already, so I’ll say pass. While he can throw a ton of yards he does not have the winning attitude. The drive!

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how different the market is this year.

You will have 4-6 teams looking for a starter fighting over this list of QBs

Jacoby Brissett
Andy Dalton
Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jimmy Garapollo
Sam Darnold
Mitch Trubisky
No ones going to fight over Cam Newton!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)