What is the max cap number you pay Jameis? (1 Viewer)

What is the max per year you pay Jameis?

• 5mil

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 7.5mil

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • 10mil

Votes: 52 20.1%
  • 12.5mil

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • 15mil

Votes: 56 21.6%
  • 17.5mil

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • 20mil

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • 22.5mil

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • 25+mil

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 26 10.0%

• Total voters

Stalwart385

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You are coach/GM. How much per year is too much for you to pay for Jameis service.

Assume all incentives will be considered "likely to be earned" by the league. So they count towards the cap number we have to handle at the new league year.

Edit: As far as incentives and other unique contracts, assume Jameis will bet on himself but you must beat out another team's contract. The competing contract is a traditional $/yr contract. What was their average $/yr you were just willing to beat?

Last edited:
If he is your starting QB, then you pay him more than TH7. I went with $17.5 million. Which is disgustingly cheap for a starting QB.....may be a little insulting actually

whatever the correct number, loomis will pay it

or not

in which case, we keep looking

Whatever his best offer is elsewhere plus $1.

Whatever it takes to keep him.

whatever the correct number, loomis will pay it

or not

in which case, we keep looking

I guess the correct answer is what we pay or less than what someone else pays.

I'm just trying to get a feel for what everyone thinks. Thought we might be closer on a number than the difference of opinions about him seem to be.

I went with $5M and would structure close to this: 4 year deal with the 4th as a void. $2m guaranteed Salary for 2021, with $12M signing Bonus (spread out over all 4 years at 3 per) that gets the $5m Cap hit). Add in an incentive clause worth about $5M based on starts and making the playoffs if he starts 75% of the games (that wouldn't be charged until 2022). In 2022 a $7-8M salary with a large roster bonus (neither guaranteed). That pretty much ensures that he will have to beat out Taysom or a draft pick in camp this year or get released after the 2021 season. If he does play well enough to stick with the team for 2022 then Loomis can do a restructure next year to spread out that roster bonus if needed.

This deal guarantees him $14M this year with the chance to make a lot more next year without hamstringing the Saints if it doesn't work out. I might even guarantee 2022 salary for injury.

His cheap year was last year when he had no market and was coming in to be a backup. I think the floor of what we can give him if we are expecting him him be our starter is 15 million. I voted 17.5 as my max.

His cheap year was last year when he had no market and was coming in to be a backup. I think the floor of what we can give him if we are expecting him him be our starter is 15 million. I voted 17.5 as my max.
Just what has he he done this year to earn that? He had half a game (if that) replacing Drew after the injury and played at best average. Then backed up Taysom until Drew returned.

I’ll trust SP on this. If he believes Jameis is the future, then you don’t let him leave the building. You match any offer.

Plus, it’s hard to assign a $ value because you know Loomis and Harley will do crazy things with the cap. So $15 million could actually be more like $10 mil.

I went with $5M and would structure close to this: 4 year deal with the 4th as a void. $2m guaranteed Salary for 2021, with $12M signing Bonus (spread out over all 4 years at 3 per) that gets the $5m Cap hit). Add in an incentive clause worth about $5M based on starts and making the playoffs if he starts 75% of the games (that wouldn't be charged until 2022). In 2022 a $7-8M salary with a large roster bonus (neither guaranteed). That pretty much ensures that he will have to beat out Taysom or a draft pick in camp this year or get released after the 2021 season. If he does play well enough to stick with the team for 2022 then Loomis can do a restructure next year to spread out that roster bonus if needed.

This deal guarantees him $14M this year with the chance to make a lot more next year without hamstringing the Saints if it doesn't work out. I might even guarantee 2022 salary for injury.

Any idea on a total over the life of the contract. Just thinking if Jameis bets on himself so he looks at it purely as dollars per year. Or maybe even to compare it to a more traditional dollar per year contract.

Just what has he he done this year to earn that? He had half a game (if that) replacing Drew after the injury and played at best average. Then backed up Taysom until Drew returned.

That’s just it. We don’t know. We haven’t seen what SP has seen.

The player SP has talked about combined with Jameis’ raw talent is worth $20 million+. Payton makes him sound like a future hall of famer.

But the player everyone saw in Tampa had to sign in New Orleans for ~$1 million to kickstart his career.

So whatever the Saints decide, it will be hard to argue because they have way more info than we do. They could be bluffing to get someone to pay big $ for him so we get a comp pick. Or SP could legitimately love Jameis that much. My guess is it’s closer to the latter.

I’m thinking they will try to sign him to a creatively structured contract in order to minimize the cap hit as much as possible for the 1st couple of years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom