What is the max cap number you pay Jameis? (2 Viewers)

What is the max per year you pay Jameis?

• 5mil

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 7.5mil

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • 10mil

Votes: 52 20.1%
  • 12.5mil

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • 15mil

Votes: 56 21.6%
  • 17.5mil

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • 20mil

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • 22.5mil

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • 25+mil

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 26 10.0%

• Total voters
Just what has he he done this year to earn that? He had half a game (if that) replacing Drew after the injury and played at best average. Then backed up Taysom until Drew returned.
He was an NFL starting caliber QB that didn't throw 30 interceptions last year.

And all Taysom's stint accomplished was to show that he was not ready for the big chair.

SFIAH

They can't give out that deal. He'll probably be a 5 year deal with a window to exit after two years.

There’s no way he’s signing a 5 year deal. I think he gets a 1 year deal or a 3 year deal with an out after 2.

There’s no way he’s signing a 5 year deal. I think he gets a 1 year deal or a 3 year deal with an out after 2.
With covid. We can't push his dead money into this year or even next. It's 2023 when the cap should be back to normal. An Out is where you eat up the dead GTD money for a financial incentive to cut.

So, they'll probably give him a fair incentive laden back end deal somewhat like Drew Brees got in 2006 with a nice signing bonus for 4 or 5 years with an out after 3 years when the cap goes back to normal. The year 3 out is possibly a Year 2 Post June cut.

I don't see them giving a 3 year deal with a 4th year void either.

It would have to be either a 4 or 5 year prove it deal.

With covid. We can't push his dead money into this year or even next. It's 2023 when the cap should be back to normal. An Out is where you eat up the dead GTD money for a financial incentive to cut.

So, they'll probably give him a fair incentive laden back end deal somewhat like Drew Brees got in 2006 with a nice signing bonus for 4 or 5 years with an out after 3 years when the cap goes back to normal. The year 3 out is possibly a Year 2 Post June cut.

I don't see them giving a 3 year deal with a 4th year void either.

It would have to be either a 4 or 5 year prove it deal.

A 4 or 5 year prove it deal? What’s a regular deal? 10 years? A prove it deal is 1 year. 4 years is standard for a qb these days. A qb that had no market last year and threw 11 passes since then? 1 year.

A 4 or 5 year prove it deal? What’s a regular deal? 10 years? A prove it deal is 1 year. 4 years is standard for a qb these days. A qb that had no market last year and threw 11 passes since then? 1 year.
We gave Drew a 6 year prove it deal. Lol

A lot has changed in 15 years. But technically it was a 1 year 10 mil contract with a 5 year 50 mil team option.
It was 20 million Gtd contract..

And Brees had career threatening injury. Jameis is completely healthy with a new agent and we are $70 million over the cap.

Quit trying to pivot, because the salary cap situation is gonna dictate Winston's contract.

Right now... There is a snowball chance for us to contend if we have to get under $17 million under the cap to sign him to a one year deal and keep this team together.

We aren't doing a rebuild till we start going 7-9 again and that's what Loomis and Payton said.

They are gonna try to sign him to multi year deal and won't be able to cut him till post June 2022. And I doubt that's even possible

The market sets the number.

If nobody wants him like last year, then you get him for really really cheap.

I'm thinking it's a 1 or 2 year deal in the neighborhood of what Teddy made.

He got a minimum laster year last minute by us. Not sure where these choices came from. So not playing barely last year makes him worth more?

No one is signing him to start. The end. Learn a new o? Mesh with team.

It was 20 million Gtd contract..

And Brees had career threatening injury. Jameis is completely healthy with a new agent and we are $70 million over the cap.

Quit trying to pivot, because the salary cap situation is gonna dictate Winston's contract.

Right now... There is a snowball chance for us to contend if we have to get under $17 million under the cap to sign him to a one year deal and keep this team together.

We aren't doing a rebuild till we start going 7-9 again and that's what Loomis and Payton said.

They are gonna try to sign him to multi year deal and won't be able to cut him till post June 2022. And I doubt that's even possible

I would be pretty surprised with a long term contract. I don't think Jameis would want something like that. It's not likely to have long term guarantees and if he plays well enough to stay he's probably out playing it. My guess would be 2 years with void years. Year 2 being cuttable. Could be wrong though.

That stuff doesn't matter a ton to me. It's all Loomis funny money. They'll find a way to structure it if they agree on a number and length of service. I'm just worried about how much they compete in the market and how much they value him to take away from their zero-sum game.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom