What is the max cap number you pay Jameis? (1 Viewer)

What is the max per year you pay Jameis?

• 5mil

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 7.5mil

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • 10mil

Votes: 52 20.1%
  • 12.5mil

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • 15mil

Votes: 56 21.6%
  • 17.5mil

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • 20mil

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • 22.5mil

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • 25+mil

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 26 10.0%

• Total voters
He got a minimum laster year last minute by us. Not sure where these choices came from. So not playing barely last year makes him worth more?

No one is signing him to start. The end. Learn a new o? Mesh with team.

You'd be surprised how different the market is this year.

You will have 4-6 teams looking for a starter fighting over this list of QBs

Jacoby Brissett
Andy Dalton
Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jimmy Garapollo
Sam Darnold
Mitch Trubisky

I’ll trust SP on this. If he believes Jameis is the future, then you don’t let him leave the building. You match any offer.

Plus, it’s hard to assign a $ value because you know Loomis and Harley will do crazy things with the cap. So $15 million could actually be more like $10 mil.
I’ve trusted him on too many bust in the past already, so I’ll say pass. While he can throw a ton of yards he does not have the winning attitude. The drive!

You'd be surprised how different the market is this year.

You will have 4-6 teams looking for a starter fighting over this list of QBs

Jacoby Brissett
Andy Dalton
Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jimmy Garapollo
Sam Darnold
Mitch Trubisky
No ones going to fight over Cam Newton!

I’ve trusted him on too many bust in the past already, so I’ll say pass. While he can throw a ton of yards he does not have the winning attitude. The drive!

Huh? Payton has led one of the winningest organizations in the league since showing up. He’s not perfect, but his hits outweigh his misses.

And he’s said the exact opposite as you about his “attitude” and “drive.” How much time have you spent with him?

You are coach/GM. How much per year is too much for you to pay for Jameis service.

Assume all incentives will be considered "likely to be earned" by the league. So they count towards the cap number we have to handle at the new league year.

Edit: As far as incentives and other unique contracts, assume Jameis will bet on himself but you must beat out another team's contract. The competing contract is a traditional $/yr contract. What was their average $/yr you were just willing to beat?

We are so screwed next year lol

You are coach/GM. How much per year is too much for you to pay for Jameis service.

Assume all incentives will be considered "likely to be earned" by the league. So they count towards the cap number we have to handle at the new league year.

Edit: As far as incentives and other unique contracts, assume Jameis will bet on himself but you must beat out another team's contract. The competing contract is a traditional $/yr contract. What was their average $/yr you were just willing to beat?
He needs to make more than Taysom, guaranteed to avoid any bitterness. After that, pile on the incentives. I'm not paying for it so why do I care what they pay him?

He needs to make more than Taysom, guaranteed to avoid any bitterness. After that, pile on the incentives. I'm not paying for it so why do I care what they pay him?

If there was no salary cap I wouldn't either. Just would matter how much money your owner wants to spend. There is though, so how much he takes up the cap affects the team.

He was an NFL starting caliber QB that didn't throw 30 interceptions last year.

And all Taysom's stint accomplished was to show that he was not ready for the big chair.

SFIAH
Without an off-season to establish continuity and timing with receivers-o-line etc.

Huh? Payton has led one of the winningest organizations in the league since showing up. He’s not perfect, but his hits outweigh his misses.

And he’s said the exact opposite as you about his “attitude” and “drive.” How much time have you spent with him?
Yes he has had a great run with putting together a winning team year end and year out. But he has also said great things about players that flopped out also.
i understand CSP is around JW more then anyone on this site, heck we all do. That does not mean he always has to watch out how he talks about players. If he does not talk good to great about them, the press would run him through the ringer with what they do with the information. Also other players would not want to play for CSP If he was like that. You can call it football politics. You do not have to be in the locker room to understand this.

1) That's for Khai Harley to figure out, not me.
2) Not all money paid to players affects the 2021 salary cap.

Right. In fact, players you sign or restructure now are less likely to affect this year’s cap by a significant margin.

So players like Jameis, J Jenkins, M Williams or even extension candidates like Lattimore and Ram are more likely to get their cap hits spread out and/or pushed down the line.

1) That's for Khai Harley to figure out, not me.
2) Not all money paid to players affects the 2021 salary cap.

I think it's completely fine to have the mindset to say "they'll handle it, it's not my problem", we don't have any real control anyway, I just think it defeats the purpose of 90% of what we come to the message boards for in the offseason. I won't complain about any player being signed to a minimum contract, but if someone makes big money I expect equivalent production. During the season I try to put that aside, they did the best they could now just get the best you can out of what you have. With the exception of mid-season trades and such.

In 2021 yes, they can push it back, but eventually you have to pay. Loomis does a good job taking advantage of the time value with the typically increasing salary cap (this year an outlier), but it's an advantage, not an unlimited resource. The whole league is coming around to it more too and equally taking advantage. If you overpay for a player it will affect your overall talent eventually. We are seeing it now. We will be paying a ton of big contracts and Drew's backlog of money the next two years. Loomis will handle it best he can, but it will restrict who can come in.

They put a price on players and let them walk if they exceed it. It's the reason we saw Ingram walk and Clowney not sign as recent examples (for better or worse). I'm just conversing to guess that line.

Right. In fact, players you sign or restructure now are less likely to affect this year’s cap by a significant margin.

So players like Jameis, J Jenkins, M Williams or even extension candidates like Lattimore and Ram are more likely to get their cap hits spread out and/or pushed down the line.

If we re-sign Jameis I think it’s most likely a 1 year deal. 3 years max but I don’t think he’s done anything to earn the type of money he’s going to want on a 3 year deal. We could do void years to spread it out but tying money up in Jameis for years he isn’t going to be here would be a mistake. I don’t like how we did it with Drew and Jameis is no Drew.

Janoris turns 33 years old this season. How many years do you think we would extend him for? I wouldn’t want to be committed to him beyond 2022.

If we re-sign Jameis I think it’s most likely a 1 year deal. 3 years max but I don’t think he’s done anything to earn the type of money he’s going to want on a 3 year deal. We could do void years to spread it out but tying money up in Jameis for years he isn’t going to be here would be a mistake. I don’t like how we did it with Drew and Jameis is no Drew.

Janoris turns 33 years old this season. How many years do you think we would extend him for? I wouldn’t want to be committed to him beyond 2022.

It’ll be interesting to see the numbers the Saints give Jameis, both in years, money and structure.

Janoris still played at a high level this year. He was our most consistent CB. His highs aren’t as high as Lattimore’s highs, but he doesn’t have the lows. He got beaten deep in man coverage a couple times, but that happens to every CB who is put on an island every now and then.

I would think we’d extend him a year or two and probably tack on voidable years. New TV deal should be announced this week and will give us a good idea of what the cap will look like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom