What is the most important position to get in the draft? (1 Viewer)

I don't care if you even have the best lines in the league, lineman should always be a priority. I would be targeting the top lineman every draft, no matter what. Look at what SF has been able to build with their D-Line. Their O-Line is strong too. Everything is 10x easier to work out when the lines are stout.

So for me, the Saints need guard/s and more help in the pass rush. Our pass rush this season was better than most years, but you saw what a couple injuries did to it.

people are going to say WR2 but i'd rather get that in FA (i know we've tried several times, so odds have to be with us now, right?)
depending on who's available i'm going with a tie between Guard and rangy LB to compliment DD
Our last free agent receiver(meredith) caught about 10 passes over 3 years and is now out of football. We need to draft a WR this year. Probably best year for WR's in the last 10 years.

Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis talk about clouds and positional value when they discuss how they see and approach the draft. That means QBs, OL, DL, and CBs get elevated on their draft board.

And look at what we've drafted early in the past several drafts (the good drafts).
DT - Rankins
CB - Lattimore / OT - Ramczyk (Lattimore would've been QB - Mahommes if not for KC jumping in front of us)
DE - Davenport
OC - McCoy (2nd round but first pick)

So unless there's a WR, TE, S, LB, or RB they REALLY REALLY REALLY like, I think it's likely we'll draft a QB, OL, DL, or CB.
We have only one WR on our team who will make the team next year unless you count Harris.

We have only one WR on our team who will make the team next year unless you count Harris.

TreQuan will be a Saint next season. Very possible that Kirkwood, Lil'Jordan, Carr, and Butler will be on the team. Yes we need another guy or two.

Our last free agent receiver(meredith) caught about 10 passes over 3 years and is now out of football. We need to draft a WR this year. Probably best year for WR's in the last 10 years.
We’ve also tried to draft WRs with similar results
The only thing that’s almost certain is a rookie’s learning curve will be greater than an FA’s

Give me the best interior linemen. No more pressure up the middle for brees =championship

Id vote for CB. Im just tired of getting beat in overtime in the playoffs on passes.

I agree re:Quarterback. Brees has one more year most likely. Taysom isn't a starting QB and Teddy is probably gone. Meaning in 2021, we have no starting QB.

Some how, some way, we need to come out of this draft with a QB.

Edit: Nevermind. Somehow I completely missed Ehlinger isn’t coming out.

BPA, but all things being equal, I’ll say an OG. Gotta shore up the interior. I’d be drafting multiple OL to improve the quality of depth at positions that almost always need it.

TreQuan will be a Saint next season. Very possible that Kirkwood, Lil'Jordan, Carr, and Butler will be on the team. Yes we need another guy or two.
If Kirkwood, Carr, Lil Jordan, and Butler are all back, and all of them make the 2020 final roster.. well then, something went terribly, terribly wrong...

offensive guard..Im assuming we can get Janoris Jenkins back..

2nd WR.. but I want us to play Devante Harris more

Ball hawking safety

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom