What is the most important position to get in the draft? (1 Viewer)

jarrod74

I may be canadian but my heart is in the Big Easy
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious as to what some of you say. I think that another guard is important and wide out .

people are going to say WR2 but i'd rather get that in FA (i know we've tried several times, so odds have to be with us now, right?)
depending on who's available i'm going with a tie between Guard and rangy LB to compliment DD

A slot receiver that can get open short to intermediate. For the last two years, the Saints have asked Michael Thomas to do too much. He moves around the formation and obviously excels everywhere, but NO really needs to find a another guy that can win quick off the snap.

Obviously most on this board are aware of Justin Jefferson. That is the mold I’m most hoping for. I think he’s a perfect compliment for this offense. A Cooper Kupp-type.

Saints have not really done well with free agent acquisitions of late, say for Davis. They tend to not make a move for splash players and go for older, fill in players. If they are not going for a splash player at the 2 WR spot, in free agency, I say draft one.

Saints have not really done well with free agent acquisitions of late, say for Davis. They tend to not make a move for splash players and go for older, fill in players. If they are not going for a splash player at the 2 WR spot, in free agency, I say draft one.
a

The DL signing, Easton, Cook, and Murray where great FA moves. Not their fault Payton don't know what he is doing...

I don't know if you came from a time capsule from 2014, but last off season we made a lot of great moves regarding depth.

its this and only this. Good thing is that will still land those positions of need. Hopefully we address the biggest needs at least somewhat in the positions of need. Then we can still draft them if they are BPA and make our weakest links one of our strongest. I have complete faith in this front office to have one of the most solid game plans even with cap room issues.

All depends on what holes we cannot fill with free agency. I think if they grade draft players similarly, they go for need. I would add D line to list of needs. No telling if Davenport comes back without missing significant time, and they could need an edge guy.

It has to be BPA. I'd like to see us keep both Jenkins and Apple so grabbing a starting CB is not a need going into the draft. I do think it is possible to keep both.

The Brees situation pretty much ensures that we have to go with a rookie contract QB at some point since we will owe Brees $ no matter if he is on the roster or not. Where we get that QB on a rookie contract is yet to be determined as they are ones available via trade like Rosen, then guys like Love, Fromm, Eason, Anthony Gordon among other will be available late 1st or later in the draft.

Last edited:
All depends on what holes we cannot fill with free agency. I think if they grade draft players similarly, they go for need. I would add D line to list of needs. No telling if Davenport comes back without missing significant time, and they could need an edge guy.

This! Obviously , the team goes in to the off-season and develops a “needs” list. But from there, they will look to address as many of those needs as possible through vet free agency first! It’s no absolute, but I think the more they can address those needs in FA, the more “wiggle room” they’ll have to go more BPA on draft day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom