What is the Saints' Plan for 2017 - One Last "All In" Season with Brees? (1 Viewer)

It'd probably mean you're just not good at purchase job anymore.

What if my job responsibilities kept changing though? (best analogy I can think of) a team is not the same from one year to the next. Decided on rebuild after the 2014 season. I don't think it's fair to criticize the org for things that happen pre-2014 and post-2014 at the same time. If the rebuild fails, then absolutely rip them to shreds....but we're not realistically at a point where we can know that outcome yet.

Why do people keep bringing up Graham coming back as a real thing? The reason he isn't here in the first place is because he was a whiny punk about the WR/TE thing.

This is true but forgiveness is a virtue and I would have no problem having him back on the team.

Retrobana -

The better analogy would be what if you had 3 bad years at work out of the last 4 and the 5th year was starting of badly similar to the other 3? And you had a pattern going back further to where if your year started poorly it ended poorly? Would your employer be looking to fire you? Would you be starting to look for a new job?

The Saints under Payton never have show an ability to salvage a season after a slow start and we have a significant sample size of more than a decade.

Nice to be an optimist I suppose, but I don't think it is unwarranted to start looking ahead at the path for the team in the final years of the Brees era. I am hopeful that they can salvage on or two more good runs before No. 9 calls it a career; just trying to start a thread on how others think the team will go about that.

For example, what if the Saints have a pick in the top 3. Do they draft the QB of the future, or do they go DE or some other position that would help them win now? Do they leverage the future with heavy FA spending with the idea that they are going to "blow up" the roster after Brees is gone, so why not go "all in" for another season or three? Or are they just committed to Brees for next season and moving on after that?

The point is that they don't look any different. They're doing the same BS. Keeping things just close enough to make us think they have a chance and then pissing it away. Inconsistent is what we will get all year. Heck, they'll probably destroy Atlanta and get our hopes up, then bomb two more games and then destroy whoever is next. We'll be 2-4 and half of y'all will still be pretending like we will go 12-4 and getting ****** at the rest of us who know it won't happen.

I'm sure the Saint's will come up with new ways to keep lot's of dead money on the books. Beats the hell out of actually spending the money on players!

Kris

Why do people keep bringing up Graham coming back as a real thing? The reason he isn't here in the first place is because he was a whiny punk about the WR/TE thing.

You act like every single one of us wouldn't of done the same thing. If you say differently you are lying to yourself. For that type of money he should of fought. You need to grow up.

The point is that they don't look any different. They're doing the same BS. Keeping things just close enough to make us think they have a chance and then pissing it away. Inconsistent is what we will get all year. Heck, they'll probably destroy Atlanta and get our hopes up, then bomb two more games and then destroy whoever is next. We'll be 2-4 and half of y'all will still be pretending like we will go 12-4 and getting ****** at the rest of us who know it won't happen.

If you don't see the difference between the 2014 team and the 2015 and 16 teams, I don't even know what to tell you. That 2014 team was a dead end that folded every time something bad happened on the field. The rebuild started in the offseason after that. I'll give it more than one season and two games before passing judgement - and by the way, even by your standards, two seasons and two games is NOT the same as "three years."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom