What is the situation with Meachem? (1 Viewer)

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
I know he signed a long term contract with the Chargers and had a so-so year. He did not perform for them last season. Will next season be his last chance? Will it be possible to see him in black & gold again? (I do not see a trade rather him beeing cut next year)

He's gonna stay this season because the cap hit would be too big if they let him go now, and I don't know what his cap hit will be next year this time but one more season like the one he just had, and they may cut him regardless.

His 2012 & 2013 salary was guaranteed, so they'll obviously keep him this year. After next year though, you have to expect they'll cut their losses if he doesn't turn into a productive player.

He didn't have a so-so year, he had a terrible year for what he was signed for. I like Meach, but he moved on and so have we, to be completely honest he's absolutely killed his value, Alexander came in for SD and completely erased Meach from the line up, it was like he wasn't even on the team anymore, that's how badly he got owned. He fit here because he wasn't asked to do alot, have a good game now and then, but when he didn't do well it was shifted because someone else stepped up(as our team is) no red hot focus on him. I think that we can find someone better and heck that guy to fill Meach's role might even be on the team right now. I think Morgan more than does that job.

Meachem of the Chargers = Harper of the Saints

Too expensive to cut...so might as well just pay him and wish for the best.

Send PT or Mark Ingram to San Diego for Meacham and there 2nd or 3rd round pick. Cause Ryan Mathews can not stay healthy.

I really did (and still do) like Meachem, but the dude isn't very bright and has inconsistent hands. There's a reason he sat out his entire first season in a pass heavy offense as a first rd pick.

I really did (and still do) like Meachem, but the dude isn't very bright and has inconsistent hands. There's a reason he sat out his entire first season in a pass heavy offense as a first rd pick.

He's like a 3-way light bulb permantly stuck on dim. It took him till his 3rd season at TN to learn the playbook and it took his 3rd season as a Saint to learn enough to be productive here.

I saw a publication list Meachem as the worst free agent signing of 2012. He got a $25M contract, and hardly saw the field.

THANK YOU LOOMIS! There is a reason we trust you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom