what is the status of the free parking on the left side of the road past claiborne? (1 Viewer)

diat150

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if you are heading from the dome toward the interstate it is on the left side of poydras as you pass claiborne ave. I used to park their alot but havent parked there since before the storm and this is my first time driving to the game in the morning instead of staying the night before.

Still there. Still free. There's a guy selling $2 beers right by the foot bridge over the railroad tracks. :9:

i will get there probably around 8. I want to do a little cooking and also catch the players walk into the dome.

I usually roll in 30 minutes or so before kickoff & have never had a problem...you just need to be creative w/the parking spaces.

That puddle in the middle seems to get bigger and bigger each week though. I recommend wearing some old shoes. Also, since the projects are abandoned now it's a lot safer to park along Earhart.

It's police patrolled so safety has never been an issue. At least, I've never felt unsafe out there on game day.

Me either.

They're building a huge Home Depot right across Earhart as well...I think that area is going to pick up over the next couple of seasons...I wonder how long it's going to take for somebody to buy that spot, pave it, and start charging to park there?

not sure if we are talking about the same spot, here is a map. I circled the area in red

map.bmp

Last edited:
Ahh...no, that's not what I'm talking about (Rob either, I don't think). The spot we're talking about is right about where the little scale's right ends end, if that makes any sense (250m & 0.2 miles).

I've never parked where you're talking about, diat.

Yeah. Pretty much between the 90 and the word Howard is where I park.

earhart.gif

Last edited:
i park my car in the parking garage on the corner of lasalle and perdido. i park it there every saturday night, and catch a ride on sunday. i leave my costume in the car, so i dont have to walk long distances in it. i just change into my suit in the garage, and walk out into the crowds.

another benefit is basically free parking, since during normal business days, you pay as your leaving the garage. but during events, you pay as you enter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom