What is the vendetta against Jeff Duncan? (1 Viewer)

I put him in the same category as Glenn Guilbeaux never balanced mostly negative. I don’t mind when the team is doing bad. All I want is a fair balanced article.

Duncan envisioned a NFL that truly cared about player's health. That our coach should be punished for something every team has done for a long time. It was a train running over our beloved Saints driven by a clown. I'm so happy to hear that coach sought out the owners that wanted him 'fired' over this cluster. He thanked them for their support. Classic stuff!

Fujita said it best :
"I saw him in the hearings, and he offered to shake all of our hands," Fujita said, via SI.com. "Some of the other players didn't, but I went ahead and shook his hand, and I just said to him, 'What the hell are you doing, Roger?' He had nothing to say. His face sure turned red, though."

He makes the attempt to be objective and occasionally plays the role of contrarian and most Saints fans can't handle anyone who doesn't pump sunshine all day...

I don’t know a lot about Duncan because I rarely read or listen to sports media, but the “sunshine” part is spot on.

Duncan burned his bridges during the Bounty Gate fiasco.

The Saints needed a champion during that time. Someone to do some research and actual reporting on the issue. Duncan could've been that guy. Instead our champion turned out to be Mike Florio of all people. He was one of the only people with a national voice who actually researched the situation and said, "Wait a minute. This makes absolutely zero sense. This is wrong."

He makes the attempt to be objective and occasionally plays the role of contrarian and most Saints fans can't handle anyone who doesn't pump sunshine all day...

That last time this topic came up I asked for you to look at how Duncan vouched for the investigative capabilities of ESPN when they came out with that ridiculous story about Loomis having set up spying equipment on visiting teams.

ESPN, as far as I know, never apologized when it became obvious they had been taken for a ride.

Duncan, as far as I know, never had the character to come out and say he had been hoodwinked.

And as far as I know you never replied when I pointed this out to you.

And yet here you are, playing the same role as before.

Where is the lie? I get that it's unflattering, but anyone who has spent time on this website knows every bit of that is true. We see wild *** conspiracies all the time on this forum.

Agree.

The Saints beat has to be among the toughest in all of sports. When the ball doesn't bounce our way, we can get pretty vicious, and won't tolerate an upstart beat reporter making "negative", although usually honest comments. Having said that, I didn't care much for Duncan. Sometimes he just didn't seem to know his football, or how to earn the respect of the fans and coach.

Slightly off-topic: didn't someone write a book about Bountygate that exposed the sham of the investigation? Anyone else remember that, or is it a figment of my imagination?

Agree.

The Saints beat has to be among the toughest in all of sports. When the ball doesn't bounce our way, we can get pretty vicious, and won't tolerate an upstart beat reporter making "negative", although usually honest comments. Having said that, I didn't care much for Duncan. Sometimes he just didn't seem to know his football, or how to earn the respect of the fans and coach.

It's true that when you criticize the home.team you run the risk of alienating fans because of their bias. It's probably also true that this more true of the Saints than say the Jets.

So, you have to be judicious and it really helps if you are right.

Duncan was neither.

Soeaking of bias, Duncan clearly let his biases get the best of him. He felt slighted by the way SP handled the media and he let it get personal. No one wants to see the media become the story.

Eventually, he felt slighted by the fans and being negative became a sport for him. He became a troll.

To everyone saying he is a good writer...
What about him is distinguishable? He is mediocre at best.
I'm not trying to start another argument, but I'm actually curios. I've never read examples of why people consider him good.

So, can anyone provide an example of some just "above average" content from Duncan? Something better than just mediocre? I've never come across anything either. Please enlighten us, as apparently we've been sheltered from the good stuff.

Duncan alienated the Saints fanbase long ago starting with the bounty gate saga and completely siding with Goodell. He has become more of a sycophant to ESPN, Fox Sports and any other national outlet whom he thinks might want to hire him. Even this past January, after the NFCCG, he totally downplayed the egregious non call costing the Saints another trip to the big dance. Again, he's nothing but a sycophant, no talent hack.

So, can anyone provide an example of some just "above average" content from Duncan? Something better than just mediocre? I've never come across anything either. Please enlighten us, as apparently we've been sheltered from the good stuff.
Calm down. Outside of Underhill, it's all fluff that everyone writes. Nothing groundbreaking comes from Triplett, Holder, etc either, but it's the stuff we want to know.

Calm down. Outside of Underhill, it's all fluff that everyone writes. Nothing groundbreaking comes from Triplett, Holder, etc either, but it's the stuff we want to know.
Underhill is just too much X's and O's for me. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom