What Is This World Coming To: Middle school issues ban on intentional flatulence (1 Viewer)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Come on now. Banning intentional farting for an eighth grade male is like denying him air to breathe, or water to drink. This is just downright un-American.

http://knox.villagesoup.com/rewrite/108448.htm

Middle school issues ban on intentional flatulence
CAMDEN (Feb 1): The Merriam Webster Dictionary definition for flatulence is brief: "flatus expelled through the anus." And while it's a natural bodily function, it seems some Camden-Rockport Middle School eighth-grade boys are taking it to new heights and making a game of seeing who can expel the loudest and grossest flatus.

And while it's a natural bodily function, it seems some Camden-Rockport Middle School eighth-grade boys are taking it to new heights and making a game of seeing who can expel the loudest and grossest flatus.

Eventually it goes to far and a kid craps his pants, is teased remorselessly for it, and is humiliated.

This is what we call a "self-correcting problem"

Eventually it goes to far and a kid craps his pants, is teased remorselessly for it, and is humiliated.

This is what we call a "self-correcting problem"

1173296574-dude_sharted.jpg

When I was in 2nd grade, this other kid farted and the teacher blamed it on me. I ended up getting paddled. I'm not sure if it was for farting or 'lying'.

Anyways, in high school, the kid later came up to me and apoligized for farting and then actually going up and telling the teacher that I did it.

They really need a specific rule for this? I thought the prevailing guideline for most schools was that anything intended to be disruptive during class was grounds for disciplinary action? Outside the classroom, I can't imagine this merits any specific attention.

In WH meetings, Lyndon Johnson would "let one rip" just for the reaction which ensued. He'd leave the door open to the bathroom and make loud grunting noises for the same purpose. The kid could grow up to be Preseident. I hope this doesn't stunt him.

If my oldest son's school ever mandates a similar policy, we may have to home school him. The boy is gassy.

What I was trying to say was that it isn't a choice, you can't just let it sit in there, you got to let it out, thus intentional.
yeah, im just messin.... kind of graphic there---haha..... By that definition, I guess theyre all intentional, except when youre exercising or something..... just minding your own business, when--- BLLLLLLLLLLTH!

This sure beats political threads. I dont want to know yalls messed up politics. I'd rather be friends!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom