What is your favorite scene from the Godfather movie trilogy (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I watched some of the God father movies last night on AMC, and what stood out to me was the classic cinematic scenes that gave forethought and some meaning to the whole movie. One memorable scene was of course the now memorable Guy finding his horse in his bed and screaming. I also liked the Making Offer he could not refuse lines.

so I came up with this thread to ask you what your favorite Godfather scene is. I know many of you have seen at least one of them, or all of them. Just let the whole board know it if you want to share.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If there were a Godfather IV, that'd be my favorite because I enjoy the fourth movie of any series the most.

And that one scene where this happened:

discuss.jpg

I take it from that, Reb you must have really liked Rocky IV. Ivan Drago vs Rocky Balboa. It was a bit propagandist but it really had a good flow to it. It kind of ruined Rocky in a way though, because those punches Drago landed on him kind of crippled him and was the theme of Rocky V in fact

I take it from that, Reb you must have really liked Rocky IV. Ivan Drago vs Rocky Balboa. It was a bit propagandist but it really had a good flow to it. It kind of ruined Rocky in a way though, because those punches Drago landed on him kind of crippled him and was the theme of Rocky V in fact

Rocky IV is one of the better Cold War movies ever made--of course had it not been for Red Dawn it would have been the best. :9:

When Michael retrieves the hidden pistol from the restaurant bathroom and comes out to blast the crooked cop and that other guy away. There was so much suspense leading up to that, and it was Michael's first big criminal act for the family, sort of an initiation.

I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart.

Attachments

• mike-fredo-kiss.jpg
    mike-fredo-kiss.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 99
That scene where Sonny is beating up Connie's husband in the street and throws a punch at the guy that was clearly about a foot from his face yet they play it off as if it landed square on his jaw. Cracks me up almost as much as the Storm Trooper that bumps his head on door frame in Star Wars.

My favorite was the speech at the end of the meeting of the 5 families. He's going to hold you responsible if his son is hit by lightning? That always makes me smile.

You talk about vengeance -- is vengeance gonna bring your son back to you? Or my boy to me? I forgo the vengeance of my son -- But I have selfish reasons. My youngest son -- was forced to leave this country because of this Sollozzo business. All right -- and I have to make arrangements to bring him back here safely -- cleared of all these false charges. But I'm a superstitious man -- and if some unlucky accident should befall him -- if he should get shot in the head by a police officer -- or if he -- should hang himself in his jail cell -- or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning -- then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive.

yeah,,I stayed up until 1:00am watching Part II last night. Couldn't make it to the end though. With the commercials, they stretch that thing to 4 hrs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom