What is your pet peeve? (1 Viewer)

When someone asks themselves a question and answers it in a conversation. "Do I think Michael Jordan is the best player ever? Yes. Would the Bulls of then beat the Warriors of today? I'm not so sure. Would it be fun to watch them play? Of course!!"

Just say what you want to say! Stop having some weird question and answer session with yourself.

I hate dialogue in movies/shows where characters simultaneously stuff there mouths with food and have overly enthusiastic conversations at the table. I hate it on TV, I hate it even more in life. Swallow your forking food, then talk. I can wait to hear whatever is going to be said. I HATE IT
forgot about that one
my movie pet peeve is "trust me"
it's usually given by a person who has previously given no reason to be trusted and is just writer short hand for 'irl this argument would take another 2 hours, so let's just jump to the next scene

But that's a tv show where you can afford to do that. You can't do that for a movie, at least going off of your example.
'in real life' the scene/conversation would take hours/days
we don't have to see it, but the writers need to figure how to tell that story as opposed to using a trope like "trust me" when there's no reason the other person should

When I was riding a bike, if there were no cars coming I'm not stopping at a stop sign or red light especially when I'm biking in 1000 degree weather. If cars are coming then yeah I'm not crazy, I'll stop.

That's what I do in my car to. I don't see the point in stopping if I can get through the intersection without actually hitting another car. And for stop signs, other cars will stop so I just go.

How? Bicycles can't get hit? They can't impede traffic?

Cars are a thousand pound metal death machine that go much faster than my 10 miles per hour. Plus it takes energy to pedal but none to really drive a car. And like I said, I'm riding a bike in 1000 degree weather, I'm not stopping at a stop sign when there are no cars within a block of me. And I don't need a license to ride my bike. If I hit someone I'm not going to kill them but if you hit someone in a car you could possible kill them. There are huge differences between the two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom