What is your pet peeve? (1 Viewer)

Cars are a thousand pound metal death machine that go much faster than my 10 miles per hour. Plus it takes energy to pedal but none to really drive a car. And like I said, I'm riding a bike in 1000 degree weather, I'm not stopping at a stop sign when there are no cars within a block of me. And I don't need a license to ride my bike. If I hit someone I'm not going to kill them but if you hit someone in a car you could possible kill them. There are huge differences between the two.

But, if you run a light or a stop sign and I hit you, I might kill you. The point of traffic laws is to protect everyone. You do it because you think it's safe. The same would be true if someone driving a car did it. There just isn't any justification for breaking the traffic laws even if you are on a bike. The same laws apply regardless of if you need a license or not.

But, if you run a light or a stop sign and I hit you, I might kill you. The point of traffic laws is to protect everyone. You do it because you think it's safe. The same would be true if someone driving a car did it. There just isn't any justification for breaking the traffic laws even if you are on a bike. The same laws apply regardless of if you need a license or not.

There is clearly a difference. One I never said I run a stop sign or red light when cars are coming at me. Two I literally said if there's no one within a block of me then I don't stop. 3 I already said if you hit me while you're driving a car you could kill me. You're acting like I'm darting in and out of traffic with little regard to how close a car is to me. Plus since I'm going 10 miles MAX I can literally take like 5 seconds to see what's going on in front of me and see if I need to stop or not.

There is clearly a difference. One I never said I run a stop sign or red light when cars are coming at me. I literally said if there's no one within a block of me then I don't stop. You're acting like I'm darting in and out of traffic with little regard to how close a car is to me. Plus since I'm going 10 miles MAX I can literally take like 5 seconds to see what's going on in front of me and see if I need to stop or not.

Well then why can't I run a red light or stop sign if there is nobody within a block of may car? I can stop and look both ways and if nobody is with a block, I can safely go.

There are many laws that I don't like and I think are dumb, but you don't just get to pick and choose which laws you like when it's convenient.

Well then why can't I run a red light or stop sign if there is nobody within a block of may car? I can stop and look both ways and if nobody is with a block, I can safely go.

There are many laws that I don't like and I think are dumb, but you don't just get to pick and choose which laws you like when it's convenient.

To be sarcastic, yes, I can pick and choose which laws I decide to obey. I just have to be willing to suffer the consequences. And technically I had a cop stop me on my bike because I crossed Veterans Blvd and he claimed I didn't look which is wrong. I just have good peripheral vision. And guess what, I didn't get a ticket. He did tell me that I needed a light on my bike which I then bought soon afterwards.

To be sarcastic, yes, I can pick and choose which laws I decide to obey. I just have to be willing to suffer the consequences. And technically I had a cop stop me on my bike because I crossed Veterans Blvd and he claimed I didn't look which is wrong. I just have good peripheral vision. And guess what, I didn't get a ticket. He did tell me that I needed a light on my bike which I then bought soon afterwards.

Look, I'm not talking about cyclists who run lights and stop signs when nobody is around. I'm talking about the ones who do it during rush hours just missing cars and after pulling up two blocks on the side of the road and pulling out in a driver's blind spot.

And the fact that Cops refuse to enforce the traffic laws against cyclists is also one of my pet peeves.

So, anyway, I think I'm going to choose to not obey traffic laws in my car because it would be more fun while I'm driving and I would get places faster.

Look, I'm not talking about cyclists who run lights and stop signs when nobody is around. I'm talking about the ones who do it during rush hours just missing cars and after pulling up two blocks on the side of the road and pulling out in a driver's blind spot.

And the fact that Cops refuse to enforce the traffic laws against cyclists is also one of my pet peeves.

I'll admit that I've kept going when I knew I could make it without any worry. And I'll admit that that wasn't the right thing to do most likely.

I'll admit that I've kept going when I knew I could make it without any worry. And I'll admit that that wasn't the right thing to do most likely.

I really don't care if cyclists want to run lights or stop signs. I just don't want to have to pass some dude 5 times on the same street because he keep rolling the red light. I mean, I'll get over it, but when I hear cyclists complaining about how they are getting hit by cars, I can't help but think maybe not as many would get hit if they obeyed the traffic laws. I'm sure some of it is just sheetty drivers, but driving up in somebody's blind spot and running lights doesn't help.

I really don't care if cyclists want to run lights or stop signs. I just don't want to have to pass some dude 5 times on the same street because he keep rolling the red light. I mean, I'll get over it, but when I hear cyclists complaining about how they are getting hit by cars, I can't help but think maybe not as many would get hit if they obeyed the traffic laws. I'm sure some of it is just sheetty drivers, but driving up in somebody's blind spot and running lights doesn't help.

Yeah that wouldn't be me. Plus I always went against traffic so that I could see if someone was swerving or not. You can't avoid someone swerving if they're behind you and coming at you but if they're in front coming at you, you can maybe avoid that. I got a car in 2014 so I don't ride anymore.

Yeah that wouldn't be me. Plus I always went against traffic so that I could see if someone was swerving or not. You can't avoid someone swerving if they're behind you and coming at you but if they're in front coming at you, you can maybe avoid that. I got a car in 2014 so I don't ride anymore.

Yeah, I recall that when I was a kid, the rule was that you were supposed to ride against traffic so drivers could see you and you could see them. I guess I get why they changed it, but it still seems like that was safer in many ways. It eliminates the problem of bikes coming up beside cars in there blind spot and cars turning into them without seeing them.

Honestly, part of the problem is the lack of bike lanes and the fact that the bike lanes we have are not designed properly.

Yeah, I recall that when I was a kid, the rule was that you were supposed to ride against traffic so drivers could see you and you could see them. I guess I get why they changed it, but it still seems like that was safer in many ways. It eliminates the problem of bikes coming up beside cars in there blind spot and cars turning into them without seeing them.

Honestly, part of the problem is the lack of bike lanes and the fact that the bike lanes we have are not designed properly.

Technically the rule about that has changed many times but I feel safer going against the traffic. I want to see what's happening in front of me without worrying about what's happening behind me.

People that come to websites such as (but not limited to) this one, asking for advice (should I buy this or that?, what should I do about this? , should I stay or should I go?, etc) and dozens of members chime in with recommendations, most of which are useful. But then the person who asked the question never comes back to tell us what decision they made and why? I'm always curious what the outcome was and what factors led to the decision.
wait, does this mean sober or not?

i had an uber driver (1 hour ago) refuse to bring me 3 blocks to my house. apparently i was "too drunk" and the best part is, i was just high as fork. lol. my mask wasn't sufficient enough.

fork it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom