What is YOUR Saints Iconic photo? (1 Viewer)

for me it's Brees holding Baylen up like lion king and then the gleason block, then porter interception. in that order

The man. The myth. The legend.

29724_f520.jpg

This one, or any variation of Favre getting beat up during the 09 NFC Championship game.

Attachments

• favre.jpg
    favre.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
These are the iconic images I think of when I think of the 1997-1999 Saints era, one of the lowest in our history (excluding the entire 1970s ;) )

Attachments

• danny w.png
    danny w.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 286
  • ditka.png
    ditka.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 281
  • ditka browns.png
    ditka browns.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 282
Porter is my moment. Greatest moment in Saints history. A few more that register as "Iconic":

HAKIM DROPS THE BALL!!!!!

Jim Mora: The Final Meltdown

The 70's: Archie Running For His Life

Reggie Flys

Out of the choices provided by the OP, I have to go with Drew and his son on the Superbowl podium. Makes my eyes misty just thinking about that, and imagining what it was like to be Drew Brees in that exact moment, when everything you ever wanted in life had just been accomplished. That picture just conveys that to me perfectly.

But my favorite iconic Saints picture is a wallpaper on my computer from the 2006 Dome re-opening against Atlanta. The Saints are in the tunnel waiting, like gladiators heading to the arena, with smoke and fog creeping out...like a dragon ready to belch fire and brimstone on the unsuspecting hordes. The Falcons didn't have a prayer that night, and Steve Gleason daggered them before the game even got started. ;-) From a larger perspective, very similar to Sherman's slash & burn "march to the sea", it was a prelude of the fury that Sean Payton was preparing to unleash on the NFL during his march to the Lombardi. THAT is my favorite photo!

I have to say for me, living in Pennsylvania, most of my early Saints memories lie in newspaper clippings, sports magazines and what little was shown on TV. I relished ANY Saints photos in the paper. But the one image that can take me right back to the moment it happened and what it meant is Gleason's block.

Following the horrible season before and what happened to the whole city, the opening game back to the Dome was a sight I wasn't sure would happen. I remember watching the game live on TV and feeling the energy right through it from the thousands of fans in the Dome that night. I was the sole Saints fan in the bar I was in. There were three Falcons fans there. The rest of the bar was a wash between Eagles and Steelers fans. I let loose a yell that stopped everyone in their tracks when Steve blocked that kick. After the game I had a few of the bar patrons come up to me and tell me that they thought that was one of the greatest games they had witnessed. I just remember feeling that this was it....THIS was the moment we started to lift ourselves off the turf and finally get into the game!

I'll always believe THAT was the Saints turn around moment in their history.

I have to say for me, living in Pennsylvania, most of my early Saints memories lie in newspaper clippings, sports magazines and what little was shown on TV. I relished ANY Saints photos in the paper. But the one image that can take me right back to the moment it happened and what it meant is Gleason's block.

Following the horrible season before and what happened to the whole city, the opening game back to the Dome was a sight I wasn't sure would happen. I remember watching the game live on TV and feeling the energy right through it from the thousands of fans in the Dome that night. I was the sole Saints fan in the bar I was in. There were three Falcons fans there. The rest of the bar was a wash between Eagles and Steelers fans. I let loose a yell that stopped everyone in their tracks when Steve blocked that kick. After the game I had a few of the bar patrons come up to me and tell me that they thought that was one of the greatest games they had witnessed. I just remember feeling that this was it....THIS was the moment we started to lift ourselves off the turf and finally get into the game!

I'll always believe THAT was the Saints turn around moment in their history.

FWIW, I believe the turn around moment happened 3 minutes earlier when the Saints came out of the tunnel. Gleason just made it official! I hear ya though, we're in agreement! I'm also in PA. Not sure where Lansford is, but I can relate to being the only Saints fan pretty much anywhere I go and having to rely on THIS board and my Saints brothers for any REAL Saints-related news!

FWIW, I believe the turn around moment happened 3 minutes earlier when the Saints came out of the tunnel. Gleason just made it official! I hear ya though, we're in agreement! I'm also in PA. Not sure where Lansford is, but I can relate to being the only Saints fan pretty much anywhere I go and having to rely on THIS board and my Saints brothers for any REAL Saints-related news!

Where at in Pa? Lansford is about 15 minutes from Jim Thorpe, 30 from the Poconos and about 20 minuted from Hazleton if that helps narrow it down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom