What is your stereo setup? (1 Viewer)

Yamaha RX-V485 receiver (same model Oye mentioned earlier)
Polk Speakers S55 speakers (L + R) and Polk S35 Center Speaker
Klitsch wireless 10" sub (R-10SWi model I think, but I don't feel like crawling back there to look).
Old Sony 6 CD changer (hardly-used)
Old Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (hardly-used)

Not meant to shake the walls or drop texture from the ceiling, but it's got more than enough power for the size of the room that it is in. Have thought about adding 2 wireless speakers for more of a surround effect, but I don't think I really need them.

yamaha something or other 7.2 atmos receiver, way overpaid (and that was on sale) for my setup.

5.1 currently. started with an energy 5.1 set, still have the sub. replaced the rear and front (will replace the rear with powered standing klipsch at some point, going to try a rear wireless setup), replaced the center channel with a klipsch. please don't ask for model numbers, i don't care enough.

I assume you are quoting Bull Durham and don't really have a classic piece of equipment? Cause you got me excited for a second so I would hate to think of you as a tease from here on out

Of course, you did tease us with the whole Lent thing so I shouldn't be surprised
Back in the day I had a Concord am/fm cassette deck with 20 watts per channel, a Clarion 25 watts/channel equalizer/booster and 4 6x9 Jensen Triaxials In my ‘71 Camaro. I thought I was hot **** :hihi:

Back in the day I had a Concord am/fm cassette deck with 20 watts per channel, a Clarion 25 watts/channel equalizer/booster and 4 6x9 Jensen Triaxials In my ‘71 Camaro. I thought I was hot **** :hihi:
lol dork.

This was big stuff in the late 70’s/early 80’s. If I still had the car (2nd gen Camaro) it would be worth some decent money. It was not original because I’ve never met a car that didn’t profit from at least a top-end rebuild :hihi:

Nobody wants to hear about your balls
:covri: thanks for encouraging him

next he'll talk about his high hard one

---------
as an aside, i sold equipment at sound trek audio for years while plodding through school. old timers will remember :hihi:

Unity Audio The Rock mk3 monitors
Motu 8a audio interface/dac etc.

It's a mixing setup for my project studio, but doubles for pleasure listening. Really only optimal in a specific listening position though.

I have a denon avr x1300 with energy take classic surround speakers, an unknown model of energy center speaker that's bigger and better than the take classics, and two Polk audio psw111 subs. It sounds great for movies. Music is a mixed bag. The surrounds are not big enough for stereo audio in a large room, and mixing to surround is always a crapshoot. It's no matter, since we've had kids I've never really had the opportunity to crank it anyway. But i do enjoy the competency and full sound even at lower volumes.

What is your stereo? Which one!

Main home theater system is Denon AVR4200W with Infinity Towers, Infinity Center, and custom built Infinity wedges. Low-end is handled by an Optimax 18 and Behringer 3000dsp.

Bedroom system is a Harman Kardon flagship receiver driving Klipsch Forte speakers with an Infinity 12" Pro series sub with small plate amp.

Kitchen system for the wife is a Dayton DTA-Pro on a pair of Air652s. The kitchen system isn't very loud, but sounds really nice. I was a little underwhelmed at first and wanted something loud as well, so I built a custom pair of monitors with 12" Pro woofer and compression horn. I paired that with a B-52 18" Pro woofer and our kitchen sounded like a night club. She was less than impressed, but learned a lesson about giving me parameters when she asked me for something. She asked for sound in the kitchen and I gave her a nightclub. Now I have an extra set of monitors and an extra 18" sub that we use for outdoor movie nights in the backyard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom