What is your stereo setup? (1 Viewer)

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have had some Mistral Bow A3 speakers along with Mistral center and omnidirectional surrounds for awhile. The BowA3s dont go deep as they only have 5.25" drivers for lows and midrange but I have an SVS PC12 subwoofer. I thought I had good sound with a fairly basic Onkyo receiver....I had no idea how much difference a receiver makes. I bought an open box Sony STR-DB1080 for $380 including tax and shipping from Best Buy. Normally that unit runs $599 plus tax and shipping. It is absolutely amazing how much better music and movies sound....very crisp, large sound stage. From what I have seen, the drawback is that it has a bright sound so I set the crossover for the sub at 60Hz

Completely recommend getting one if they have the open box deal still. In my office I am experimenting with vacuum tubes. I bought a Modi DAC and Vali headphone/bookshelf tube amp. It's hard to describe the difference in sound quality. The office equipment just has this warmer sound like I am there in person...best way I can describe it.

I have a Yamaha Bluetooth receiver - and I run everything through it. TV, streaming devices, turntable, etc. The model is an RX-V485. Nothing really fancy, but it's exactly what we need.

Small room, so just a 2.1 system. Polk speakers - RTi A3 - that are technically 'bookshelf' (again, smallish space) but they are big and heavy. Incredible sound from a mid/woofer and a tweeter. And recently added a 10" Polk subwoofer.

On the volume dial, we don't even get to 0+ before it gets too loud for our living room and kitchen - we're usually listening at -40 to -20.

Was considering a nice soundbar, grabbed one, and it just wasn't nearly loud and dynamic and punchy enough.

This was more of an investment, but together pretty moderate in terms of pricing and I've been thrilled.

Oh, and my headphones are bluetooth Bose QuietComfort headphones - sort of expensive, but the sound is incredible, the connection is strong and easy, the cups are large for my big ears, and the entire unit is really, really light. Very, very comfy to wear for long periods - I'll wear them for 3-4 hours for work and not feel them.

Denon AVR-X2300 , 4 Sony APMs , PS-12 sub , and a Polk center .

I was in a similar boat , I wanted to upgrade my old Sony receiver because it only had four HDMI inputs and the Denon really impressed in the exact same setup otherwise .

Last edited:
Marantz SR 2000 amp. Technics SLQ300 turntable, Elac Debut B6 bookshelf speakers. Great warm sound, I can crank it all the way up with zero distortion.

I have a SONY DVD Home Theater System. It's not really high end at all, more like a budget sound system. Since it's made by SONY, it's compatible with the SONY Universal Remote, and can also navigate with the PS3. Bought it about 10 years ago and had no problems with it, it does pretty well with the 5.1 speakers. The SONY sound system won't disturb the neighbors.

Normally, I listen to music through my new computer, and recently upgraded with Logitech Speakers, just have to open the box and install them. My brother is more into the high end stereo systems, while in the past, a $100 boom box was plenty good for me.

I was thinking of buying a boom box for my gym that a rarely use, but with the extra PC speakers, those will do nicely with my iPad. Still miss my old boom box, they are great.

1590417090860.png

Last edited:
I have an iPhone and a Sonos.

I have an iPhone and a bluetooth speaker. Most of my music listening is done in my truck, or with my earbuds. Me and my wife don't share the same musical interests outside of Trombone Shorty and Marc Broussard.

I have an iPhone and a bluetooth speaker. Most of my music listening is done in my truck, or with my earbuds. Me and my wife don't share the same musical interests outside of Trombone Shorty and Marc Broussard.
I did just upgrade my stereo and speakers in my truck. I did a lot of experimenting and research as I wanted a decent sound on a budget. Alpine 7” touchscreen with Apple carplay (This is really the only place I spent more than I wanted). Rockford Fosgate 6x9s in the front doors and Polk 6 1/2 in the rear doors. Disconnected the center dash speaker because it did nothing but interfere with the sound.

I built a home theater 2 years ago and have 7.2.4 surround sound in there. RBH speakers left, center, right. svs surrounds and 1 subwoofer, pioneer mini bookshelf as rear surround, and 4 in ceiling speakers for atmos. plus a polk 12" as my second sub. I use a pioneer sc-95 as my receiver and have an epson 4k (faux) projector with a 135" screen. great for football games. and movies.

Waiting on a house full of the new sonos stuff to come in now. Going to put the new arc atmos system in when it releases in a couple of weeks for the living room, a beam 5.1 in the bedroom, and then a few sonos 5's around the house and I bought a move as well.

I know they arent the best, but the convenience and design of sonos make them the right choice for me. I said in another thread they were a lot like apple, maybe not the best product out there, but the design and ease of use is unmatched

Im spending entirely too much money during the pandemic, I havent even been home since november yet Ive bought a full home stereo system and put in a full gym to go around the peloton bike I already never am home to use :D

quadraphonic Blaupunkt

I assume you are quoting Bull Durham and don't really have a classic piece of equipment? Cause you got me excited for a second so I would hate to think of you as a tease from here on out

Of course, you did tease us with the whole Lent thing so I shouldn't be surprised

A Pioneer VSX 1015TX 7.1 surround receiver that has THX. My fronts are 15 inch BICs. My center and 2 surround backs are 8 inch Yamaha's. My two rear speakers were built by my dad and I and they are 8 inch towers, the brand of speaker are Pyramid's. All of those speakers are 3 way. And my sub is a 15 inch Pyramid that my dad and I built that I have under my bed pointing up. TV is a 4K OLED curved with 3D, one of the last ones made. 4K player is an OPPO that plays practically every format out there.

Last edited:
I assume you are quoting Bull Durham and don't really have a classic piece of equipment? Cause you got me excited for a second so I would hate to think of you as a tease from here on out

Of course, you did tease us with the whole Lent thing so I shouldn't be surprised
both are curveballs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom