What is your strategy for reading SaintsReport? (2 Viewers)

I read threads based on a process of elimination:

If I can't tell what the thread is about from the title, I skip it.

If I hover over the thread title to see the first few sentences and the OP hasn't made their point in that first paragraph, I skip it.

If the thread starter is known for making lame threads, I skip it.

If a thread title is simply a player's name, I skip it.

If a thread title ends in ellipses, I skip it.

If it ends in multiple exclamation points - I skip those too!!!

I skip the draft threads because I don't see the point in talking about a bunch of players when 99% of them won't be Saints.

Then I read the four threads that are left.

But on Sunday nights when I'm super bored and can't sleep - I read almost everything.

I read threads based on a process of elimination:

If I can't tell what the thread is about from the title, I skip it.

If I hover over the thread title to see the first few sentences and the OP hasn't made their point in that first paragraph, I skip it.

If the thread starter is known for making lame threads, I skip it.

If a thread title is simply a player's name, I skip it.

If a thread title ends in ellipses, I skip it.

If it ends in multiple exclamation points - I skip those too!!!

I skip the draft threads because I don't see the point in talking about a bunch of players when 99% of them won't be Saints.

Then I read the four threads that are left.

But on Sunday nights when I'm super bored and can't sleep - I read almost everything.

Funniest answer thus far :smilielol:

For some reason I feel compelled to point out how misinformed the Harper bashers are, and the Ingram bashers, and the "Ivory is a god" worshippers, and basically try and expose erroneous myth after myth posted about our team.

I despise misinformation.

For some reason I feel compelled to point out how misinformed the Harper bashers are, and the Ingram bashers, and the "Ivory is a god" worshippers, and basically try and expose erroneous myth after myth posted about our team.

I despise misinformation.

Sounds more like u despise opinions.....opinions formed from misinformation lol.

I read the 5 star threads first, unless the title is very interesting. But get me bored enough and I'll read all the Bold titled threads on the page. If I see threads are started by people natorious for writing 5 paragraph post which could be summed up in one. I skip that for sure.

As for red thumbs, I hardly ever use them. Unless someone post something rediculous. I normally green thumb funny post, post I agree with, or post that it's obvious the poster went through a lot effort to make (whether I agree with it or not).

Unfortunately I'm not one of the knowledgable members here (I don't have a background in football other than madden and neighborhood football) so I don't really contribute much to the site. I just make a little noise here and there.

I always start with SSF and look for Breaking News or I look for titles that only interest me but im constantly checking in throughout the day.

If there are too many pages to a thread then I will skim but if its a topic that interests me then I'll read all the pages.

After I'm done with SSF I'll head on over to the Everything Else board for ehat is usually a very good laugh.

I love this forum. It has kept me reading and learning stuff on a daily basis. Very awesome community we have here.

I usually just jump to the big story threads first, if there are any, then gradually get to the other stuff.

I try to avoid draft prospect threads until just before the draft and all the SR junior GM threads. If the word trade is in the title and the player is still on the roster- no clicky clicky.

wow... I wasn't overwhelmed until I got to this thread... deep breath... ok, here we go!

first, read titles with breaking news that I/you haven't heard yet or want more info on, usually the first few post has links or the meat of the story.. no need to read 1,654 post below because 99.9989878% of the time, some db will derail the thread & take it to off topic to have a flame war before you finish the first page...

second, look for titles that I/you might like to read, follow the rule above of only going ankle deep.. unless the flame war is actually interesting or funny.. usually what is said in the multiple pages has already been said or covered in other threads, so don't chew your cud twice... or 299 times.

third, rinse & repeat...

hope this gets you out'a the jam your in bud... remember, we're all pulling for'ya!

I use Tapatalk on my phone, when I first open it up, it goes to unread posts, I scim through that for a minue or two, then I go to participated threads, and always check the Random Picture thread first, then catch up on my other participated threads..
then I will go through (in this order) the EE board, the SSF, Techtalk, then if I'm bored I will check out the Smacktalk and the political boards..

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

Kizzy821 hit the nail on the head lol.

I usually try to only read fact based topics. I take most opinions with a grain of salt, but there are a few posters whos knowledge on the Saints and the game I highly value and always read.:9:

Constantly check BTL for best boob, best butt, etc until I'm bored. Then, read all the cats fights happening on SSF over Ingram, Harper, Duncan, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom