What Jared Goff learned from Drew Brees, and will it matter with a Super Bowl spot on the line? (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1547774022114.png
(Photo by David Grunfeld, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

By Christopher Dabe - NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. — When Drew Brees came into the NFL, he had a 39-year-old quarterback in Doug Flutie giving him advice.

Back then, Brees was a rookie backup quarterback on the San Diego Chargers whose first NFL start didn’t come until his second season. By then, Brees had soaked up all he could from Flutie, whose unselfishness helped Brees learn about being a professional athlete. The next year, Brees became the starter with Flutie as the backup.

“I always appreciated that,” Brees said about his talks with Flutie. “I always felt like it made a difference, and I always told myself that hopefully I can play long enough to where there are guys that start asking advice from me. I want to make sure that I pay it forward just like those guys did with me.”

One recent opportunity came last January in Orlando, Fla., where a then-39-year-old Brees spent time with Rams quarterback Jared Goff, then 23, while at the Pro Bowl together. ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom