culprit

• politics

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • covid19

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • not enough tacoes for everyone

Votes: 25 29.1%

• Total voters
this is the time of year where hopes are generally high we live in a fantasy where everyone has a chance to win the whole thing, even the Falcons

Probably the uncertainty about whether we will actually have a season and what that season will look like.

Yep. Every time I read an article about this team I find myself getting excited about the season and roster before coming back to reality that there is a very low chance of a season even happening.

I am not surprised that spirits are low I am just surprised at the level. We are generally overrun by those wanting to eat the cheese and wash it down with the koolaid at this point. Even through the Iron era.

I've never paid any attention to ANY political posts anyway; at any time.
So for me the inactivity is because of the general sports shutdown as I see it. :scratch:

Last edited:
Mini- camp would have been early June
We’d have been arguing about which 6-7 prospects is Camp Beast

We’d have 52 threads about Davenport
41 about Butler
AK and MT workout videos would have been reposted at least 20 times already
There would be 7 threads about how many times AK and MT workout videos have been posted

6-10 videos about players testing positive for banned substances

Jenkins would have said something in a post camp presser that would have set off the redhats

HOWEVER
I think one of the main factors in the traffic decline is Reddit
There is a natural attrition of older (or just frustrated) posters, but now younger posters who would have taken their place are now just staying on r/saints, r/nfl

I think we’ve transition from the hip new bar to the solid destination bar and now we might just be the old guys’ bar

I am not surprised that spirits are low I am just surprised at the level. We are generally overrun by those wanting to eat the cheese and wash it down with the koolaid at this point. Even through the Iron era.

I think it's a mix of a lot of factors. People want positivity and there just isn't much right now. I think the activity was the highest after the SuperBowl and into the next season. When it became clear that Atlanta would win the division that season instead of us, this place imploded. There just isn't that much cheese to go around.

For me I have stayed away from reading or keeping up with Saints news because I really can't see a season happening. It doesn't pay to get excited for something that more than likely won't happen.

I definitely get being guarded against expectations. And the risk reward factor is high for us because I do not see any way Brees comes back if the season gets cancelled. I honestly believe this is his last hurrah and it should be. He takes care of himself better than any but that slippery slope in your 40s is a very real thing. Football is not Golf or Brees would likely be like the Golden Bear with his last masters.

Mini- camp would have been early June
We’d have been arguing about which 6-7 prospects is Camp Beast

We’d have 52 threads about Davenport
41 about Butler
AK and MT workout videos would have been reposted at least 20 times already
There would be 7 threads about how many times AK and MT workout videos have been posted

6-10 videos about players testing positive for banned substances

Jenkins would have said something in a post camp presser that would have set off the redhats

HOWEVER
I think one of the main factors in the traffic decline is Reddit
There is a natural attrition of older (or just frustrated) posters, but now younger posters who would have taken their place are now just staying on r/saints, r/nfl

I think we’ve transition from the hip new bar to the solid destination bar and now we might just be the old guys’ bar

Hmmmm I didn't consider the effect of Reddit.... probably because I'm now an old guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom