culprit

• politics

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • covid19

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • not enough tacoes for everyone

Votes: 25 29.1%

• Total voters
I've tried the reddit thing and I'm just not with it. Feels too disconnected to me. Here is more of a community and while maybe slower than in past years, we still have a solid group of long time fans and bringing in younger fans every now and then.

Kids have different priorities these days. For mine, reddit is already old news for them. And sports isn't really on the list. My kids like video games, movies/books, social justice/politics and girls/guys.

SR isn't dead.... possibly a little wounded like the rest of us, but certainly not dead.

The frustrating ending to the last few seasons, prospect of no season (esp Drew's last one) and all the turmoil/disruption surrounding the pandemic has us in a funk... Success breeds success, have a few thing go positively and we'll see signs of SR recovery..

No minicamps, no in-person reporting, and not a lot of hope for even having a season. It's hard to evoke the usual level of interest when everything is in such turmoil.

Mini- camp would have been early June
We’d have been arguing about which 6-7 prospects is Camp Beast

We’d have 52 threads about Davenport
41 about Butler
AK and MT workout videos would have been reposted at least 20 times already
There would be 7 threads about how many times AK and MT workout videos have been posted

6-10 videos about players testing positive for banned substances

Jenkins would have said something in a post camp presser that would have set off the redhats

HOWEVER
I think one of the main factors in the traffic decline is Reddit
There is a natural attrition of older (or just frustrated) posters, but now younger posters who would have taken their place are now just staying on r/saints, r/nfl

I think we’ve transition from the hip new bar to the solid destination bar and now we might just be the old guys’ bar
I'm no old.

sheet, I'm 40... I guess that is the beginning of old, eh?

Mini- camp would have been early June
We’d have been arguing about which 6-7 prospects is Camp Beast

We’d have 52 threads about Davenport
41 about Butler
AK and MT workout videos would have been reposted at least 20 times already
There would be 7 threads about how many times AK and MT workout videos have been posted

6-10 videos about players testing positive for banned substances

Jenkins would have said something in a post camp presser that would have set off the redhats

HOWEVER
I think one of the main factors in the traffic decline is Reddit
There is a natural attrition of older (or just frustrated) posters, but now younger posters who would have taken their place are now just staying on r/saints, r/nfl

I think we’ve transition from the hip new bar to the solid destination bar and now we might just be the old guys’ bar

whats Reddit?

Actually I think it’s a combo of 1 and 2.

Actually I think it’s a combo of 1 and 2.
1+2=3 so I guess it's a combo of all of them. I don't think it's dead...I think off season combined with current events just makes it so football and optimism both are taking a back seat at the moment.

the reddit take is an interesting one. I have a reddit account but have only found it useful for obscure stuff that I can find elsewhere, like fetish for little people feet. I just find the format and software used here, coupled with an already huge following of both sound minded and constipated cheese eaters to work for the purpose better. But I am well aware that just knowing a bit about Reddit doesn't mean I am clued in on what the next gen is doing.

I don't think it is a big mystery, the lack of NFL/Saints news due to inactivity combined with the pandemic going on right now.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom