What kind of oil do you use in your car? (1 Viewer)

spider13

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just bought a new car and I was wondering if synthetic oil really is better than natural oil. I know synthetic is more expensive but I'm willing to pay for whatever is better.

Castrol GTX. I don't know why; I've just always used it. And an AC Delco oil filter.

In the

Car
Harley
Lawnmower

valvoline%20logo.gif

I've read that, unless you drive in extreme heat or cold, there is not really any benefit to synthetic oil.

Mobil 1, its good for 5000 miles to, its OEM for my car, I would check with them on what to use.

Castrol GTX. I don't know why; I've just always used it. And an AC Delco oil filter.

I thought it was the opposite. A new car gets regular oil, but then after 50,000 miles or so, change to a synthetic.

I thought it was the opposite. A new car gets regular oil, but then after 50,000 miles or so, change to a synthetic.

I think you meant to quote Surviving Saints post. :shrug:

Nothing but Amsoil.

25,000 miles or one year for oil changes. Amsoil ATM

Got it in my car, my truck, and use the motorcyle oil in my VTX.

Even use it in my riding mower.

Nothing better. Mobil One is good, but Amsoil is better.

They just came out with Signature Series Synthetic. It is good for 35,000 miles between oil changes. Synthetics do not break down, they just keep on lubricating. Just change the filter on a regular basis. They make a filter that is good for 25,000 miles.

Check it out.

Oh, by the way...my niece is still driving my old Accord. It has 265,000 miles on the odometer.

Joe

Crisco, baby. :covri:

Seriously, Castrol.

Oh, and I don't use oil.

Erl, geez.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom