What kind of trash QB throws for over 20 INTs in a season? (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Drew Brees.

In 2010.....the same calendar year in which he won the SB.

You know what's really annoying about all the Jameis stuff? He has no room for error. When he plays really well, or even pretty good as a game manager, it's "he's getting those bad habits coached out of him". When he throws a pick or 2, it's "welppppp, here we go again. Tried to tell y'all, this is just who Jameis is !!!"

It's Groundhog Day from a year ago. Dude looked great against the Packers, and suddenly the sky was the limit because THE DEEP BALL IS BACK IN NEW ORLEANS, BABY! Had a much less stellar outing against Carolina the following week, and the forum became cluttered with threads that look similar to what we currently have now.

Youre Pushing It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I wouldn't use that as the thread title....but I'm picking up everything you're putting down. Some QBs HAVE to be perfect while others are given a pass or have excuses made for, it's concerning to say the least
I mentioned it in another post and the usual suspects reacted in their usual way. It is concerning. It goes all the way back to Teddy Bridgewater. Hell, we can throw in A - Aron Brooks, who won us our first playoff game.
I remember last season in the victory of the Patriots, some dude was posting still, STILLS!!, and dogging Winston out, and we won the game! It's amazing here. I go back and forth with this fan base. Sometimes I think we are exactly what we used to talk about prior to the SuperBowl in regards to shirty fan bases. But then I hear other fan bases on national radio and I see some hope.

Not really sure what the point of this is? Yeah, Brees threw 22 picks in 2010. The most he ever threw in New Orleans. 2010 was one of the lowest QB ratings of his NOLA career. That said, if Jameis matches Brees' 2010 yardage totals and also leads the team to an 11-5 record I'll be pumped. Is it too early to call for Jameis to be benched? Totally. But is it also ok to point out that he has played poorly in the first two games? Still totally.

Care to list Brees accolades and put it up with any other QB that played in the Saints uniform? It’s a convenient argument until you add their entire body of work.
That's the thing man, nobody is dogging Brees out or comparing entire careers. I know I simply talked about the treatment of both of these QBs by this board when having similar performances. We can agree to disagree all day, but go back and look. Sure, I got caught up in it, but simply stating an opinion . . . it's worst than political talk.

I mentioned it in another post and the usual suspects reacted in their usual way. It is concerning. It goes all the way back to Teddy Bridgewater. Hell, we can throw in A - Aron Brooks, who won us our first playoff game.
I remember last season in the victory of the Patriots, some dude was posting still, STILLS!!, and dogging Winston out, and we won the game! It's amazing here. I go back and forth with this fan base. Sometimes I think we are exactly what we used to talk about prior to the SuperBowl in regards to shirty fan bases. But then I hear other fan bases on national radio and I see some hope.
I'm most definitely with you...I remember when Bridgewater was starting (and winning BTW) there was a multi page thread criticizing his performance....had to dig it up

Winning wasn't even enough apparently...When have we ever done this after a win...with a Backup QB nonetheless?

That's the thing man, nobody is dogging Brees out or comparing entire careers. I know I simply talked about the treatment of both of these QBs by this board when having similar performances. We can agree to disagree all day, but go back and look. Sure, I got caught up in it, but simply stating an opinion . . . it's worst than political talk.
Why stop there? Might as well compare him to Tom Brady then.

Tom Brady never played for the Saints, that's why.
So if Tom Brady played for the Saints and has had bad games like he has in his career, Jameis Winston would be a justified comparison?

Every QB has bad games, stretch, and even bad seasons. How is that any different? Because they wear a Saints uniform?

So if Tom Brady played for the Saints and has had bad games like he has in his career, Jameis Winston would be a justified comparison?

Every QB has bad games, stretch, and even bad seasons. How is that any different? Because they wear a Saints uniform?
Sir go back and reread what I wrote. I specifically stated how this board reacted to one QBs performance while giving the other a pass for an even worse performance. I understand certain people get emotional when anything short of praise is brought up regarding Brees, but he is and will be fair game, just as any other Saints player is.

Sir go back and reread what I wrote. I specifically stated how this board reacted to one QBs performance while giving the other a pass for an even worse performance. I understand certain people get emotional when anything short of praise is brought up regarding Brees, but he is and will be fair game, just as any other Saints player is.
I don’t see how comparing a first ballot HOF to a guy who is still looking to find his place in the league is fair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom