What kind of trash QB throws for over 20 INTs in a season? (1 Viewer)

Add to that, this isn't the same offense we were running in Brees' early years. We ran more of a spread offense back then, today's offense is the one we started running after our last 7-9 season, a season which also included a Brees shoulder injury.

From that point on the field was shorten and wide-outs were brought further in to the tackles. That is also when Brees' interception dropped from the double digit range, without looking it up again, I bet Brees avg at least 16 INTs per year prior to the '17 season.

Good observation.

Quick math, I come up with an average of 15 interceptions a season 2006 - 2016 and then they drop off to single digits. Of course a couple of those seasons he also missed several games.

You're going to have to find those old Rev Deuce threads because I don't remember them, might've happened while I was out exploring mountains in Bansylvania....regardless if it happened or not, it was after your boys tore through Teddy's performance during his 5-0 stretch...so if it happened, your boy deserved it on the behalf of y'alls behavior....hate to put it like that, but in the words of the great Flavor Flav..."that's the way the ball bounces G"
You're off your rocker here.

People wanted to give Teddy the keys to the Ferrari offense based off the 5-0 record with him as a starter. But when it came to Taysom and his record, it was about about the caveats that came with it. Then it went back to just being about the record with Winston at the helm with anyone critiquing him being called a hater, racist, etc. The Taysom Hate Brigade wants to be able to dish it out but not have to take it when it comes to other QBs having their play critqued beyond the win/loss column. I don't hate one bit to put it this way, but y'all need to grow some thicker skin and stop the incessant need to play the victims for ya boys.

In regard to Deuce Windham's threads, a site search provided no results. There was a big personal issue, I believe, and maybe he deleted his posts. I am sure there are others here who remember him though. Not worth getting further into that though.

Last edited:
Completion percentage...it's easy to get a high completion percentage when all your passes are here...Hell Jameis is doing that right now.

1663789514674.png

THose years where Drew was lighting up the league w/ completion percentages, almost all of it was 20 yards and under...deep for him was the 20-25 yard range...found an interesting article from 2020 where they said the below:
1663789871531.png
Do you see what I see, for 3 years from 2014-2017, he averaged 6 completions per year of over 35 yards down field...just SIX per year...in 2018 he connected on 1...just freaking one....and in 2019 none. If you ask me...Drew's ridiculously high completion percentage was a byproduct of a low degree of difficulty on his throws....I will say this, he was a surgeon w/ the shortball.

AND THAT IS WHY WE TRADED COOKS BACK THEN...he had no use to us anymore

Last edited:
Trigger warning: Statistical comparison between Brees and Winston through the first seven years of their careers. Straight up, just the numbers they accumulated.

Brees:

CmpAttCmp%YardsTDInt

Winston:

CmpAttCmp%YardsTDInt
That's a dangerous way to do it though, no?

First 4 years of their careers:

Jameis Winston:
- 1,183/1,922 (.616)
- 14,628 yards
- 88 TDs, 58 INTs

Baker Mayfield:
- 1,185/1,924 (.616)
- 14,125 yards
- 92 TDs, 56 INTs

So we are wanting to put Mayfield and Winston on the same level now?

That's a dangerous way to do it though, no?

First 4 years of their careers:

Jameis Winston:
- 1,183/1,922 (.616)
- 14,628 yards
- 88 TDs, 58 INTs

Baker Mayfield:
- 1,185/1,922 (.616)
- 14,125 yards
- 92 TDs, 56 INTs

So we are wanting to put Mayfield and Winston on the same level now?

I don't have a problem with that. Mayfield is also currently a starter in the NFL and done enough to lay a foundation for whatever is the future of his career.

The context for me is in regards to people 1.) who are emphatic that it's somehow impossible, or disrespectful, to make a comparison between Winston and Brees or any other elite QB when statistically, there are some interesting comparisons to make, 2.) that Winston is a garbage QB who has done nothing, will never get better, and shouldn't be starting. If you want to extend that out to Mayfield, I think that's great.

It's a long list of QBs who accomplished very little, even over 7 or more years. Winston isn't among them. Neither is Mayfield.

You're off your rocker here.

People wanted to give Teddy the keys to the Ferrari offense based off the 5-0 record with him as a starter. But when it came to Taysom and his record, it was about about the caveats that came with it. Then it went back to just being about the record with Winston at the helm with anyone critiquing him being called a hater, racist, etc. The Taysom Hate Brigade wants to be able to dish it out but not have to take it when it comes to other QBs having their play critqued beyond the win/loss column. I don't hate one bit to put it this way, but y'all need to grow some thicker skin and stop the incessant need to play the victims for ya boys.

In regard to Deuce Windham's threads, a site search provided no results. There was a big perosnal issue, I believe, and maybe he deleted his posts. I am sure there are others here who remember him though. Not worth getting further into that though.
Ah...the threads got deleted....okay, must be out there w/ the AK fight videos I guess

hulk-time-travel.gif

Brees drove me nuts at times at the end of his career. He clearly was no longer the same guy and was reaching for one more ring.

I honestly believe we messed JW up here. He has never been the guy that had to think before he did his thing. He just let his arm and instinct take over. Now our system and our attempt to change him has him second guessing everything he does.

In Atlanta when we were close to losing I believe he quit over thinking and used the God given gifts he was given and he attacked.

Brees was a cerebral assassin. He moved through his receiver options and reads quickly. He has done it all of his life.

JW has always been bigger stronger and faster than the majority of people he played against. He didn’t need to be cerebral. And I don’t mean this as he isn’t intelligent. I mean he had the arm strength to do what he wanted when he wanted.

JW will never be DB and vice verse. But I think the coaches need to play to JW’s strengths and not the system DB excelled in.

Well going back to my real job now since I don’t get paid to coach etc.

Wait one more thought…

I think Mayfield would fit our offense better than JW.

Ok now back to work.

Not sure if you are legit not bright enough to pick up on the fact that no specific comparison was made, or if you're just trolling.
Huh? What the hell are you talking about? This whole discourse started because you tried to compare the two... Then you try to take a knock on me?

Look at everyone comparing stats and the likes. Oh no comparison was made. LMAO

I wouldn't use that as the thread title....but I'm picking up everything you're putting down. Some QBs HAVE to be perfect while others are given a pass or have excuses made for, it's concerning to say the least
Bad games happen. I'm a Big Winston supporter and will just wait for the body of work to be complete.

Kamara not being in the game took an important dimension away from the offense.

I think this Sunday if Kamara is back the offense will rebound.

I'm sure like you and I see it, many others do also. The Saints have 15 more opportunities this year. Get a win this week Saints are in good shape and 2-0 on the road against the division.

People are really getting into their feels over Jameis. Given his time here and the equity he's actually built with the fan base, I think ppl may be making this about more than just Jameis. He's the QB or he's not you better prepare your feels for either outcome.

I don't have a problem with that. Mayfield is also currently a starter in the NFL and done enough to lay a foundation for whatever is the future of his career.

The context for me is in regards to people 1.) who are emphatic that it's somehow impossible, or disrespectful, to make a comparison between Winston and Brees or any other elite QB when statistically, there are some interesting comparisons to make, 2.) that Winston is a garbage QB who has done nothing, will never get better, and shouldn't be starting. If you want to extend that out to Mayfield, I think that's great.

It's a long list of QBs who accomplished very little, even over 7 or more years. Winston isn't among them. Neither is Mayfield.

Did you somehow miss the many people who wanted us to trade for Mayfield and let Winston walk without an offer?

Did other people not find the thought of it laughable? If people laughed at the thought of Mayfield helping the Saints and they laughed at Carolina signing him, why would those people have a problem with Winston getting the same treatment...if we are going by early career stat comparisons? And for the record, I am in favor of giving Winston more time here. But saying Brees = Winston = Mayfield based upon early career stats is pretty flawed. And if you want to say that it's not, then don't complain if some people treat Winston the way others (would) treat Mayfield.

Bad games happen. I'm a Big Winston supporter and will just wait for the body of work to be complete.

Kamara not being in the game took an important dimension away from the offense.

I think this Sunday if Kamara is back the offense will rebound.

I'm sure like you and I see it, many others do also. The Saints have 15 more opportunities this year. Get a win this week Saints are in good shape and 2-0 on the road against the division.
Like I said in another thread, with the work we did this offseason to bring in more talent at WR it's telling to our system that it still needs AK for it to work. It should be able to work w/ MT, Landry, Olave regardless if AK is there or not....it should work even if we have 2022's Deuce McAlister out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom