What Makes Dallas O-Line Better than Everyone Else's? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Do you think Payton and Loomis would try to copy their formula with the Saints?

Saints best I line is a strong pass blocking G,C,G brees can climb the pocket. Dallas is strong Running line except Smith he is on a whole different level I live in Dallas and is amazed by him every game. I don't think if we should duplicate them but rather build a line that's more athletic. We are not athletic so that's why the screen game sucks now and pass protection break a down at end of games.

Their OLine are huge, strong guys with a dominant attitude. They feel that they will win the battle before they are lined up.

They dedicated themselves to building the o-line and did just that.
Something we will have to stop ignoring this off-season.

We need to bring in at minimum a right guard and a right tackle to make sure this o-line continues to improve.

We can't continue to make moves like drafting a left tackle in the 1st and trying to force him to play on the right side.

Most of us laughed at them when they spent their 1st pick on a Center. Well I guess they are having the last laugh.

I'd rather them figure out what the Giants have done on defense. Their defense neutered the "better than everyone else" Dallas O line when they played. IMO the Saints O Line is not that now far away from being a dominant unit. Just another piece or two and a healthy Left Tackle.

I'd rather them figure out what the Giants have done on defense. Their defense neutered the "better than everyone else" Dallas O line when they played. IMO the Saints O Line is not that now far away from being a dominant unit. Just another piece or two and a healthy Left Tackle.

Spent an insane amount of money on their d-line.

Jerry Jones is a not a person I respect or admire very much. But Jerry, or someone at the top of the organization reviewed the Cowgirls success under Jimmy Johnson and the 3 SBs he won.

Their success formula in that era was a dominant O-line.

But the real foundation of an NFL offense, the thing that can elevate mediocre "skill" players and hold back those with great talent, is made up of the big guys in the trenches. Without them, running backs have no holes to go through, and wide receivers cannot catch the ball because the quarterback is lying on his back trying to figure out where that truck came from and if he is still in Pop Warner games.

Arguably the greatest years for the Dallas Cowboys franchise were the early nineties, when they won three Super Bowls in a span of four years. It was the rise of the Triplets, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin. But they likely would never have become as famous or successful if they had not had one of the best offensive lines in the history of the league blocking for them.

These guys were monsters. When Williams or Newton pulled in front of Emmet, defensive teams LBs and DBs were scared of getting hurt - literally. They just mowed down defenders. I think Ingram is a clone of Emmet. Ingram would look like Elliott behind that line.

Tackles Mark Tuinei and Erik Williams, guards Kevin Gogan and Nate Newton, and center Mark Stepnoski were the original line, with John Gesek stepping in when Stepnoski was injured. They dominated opposing defenses, and with a big boost from the commentary of John Madden, who really liked the way Newton played, they became stars in their own right.

So let's just say it was Jerry's decision. He decided to go back to a proven success formula, build a dominant O-line and run the ball at will while running down defenses and opening up passing when needed. I take my hat off to this decision and I do not care at all for the Cowgirls. It didn't happen over night, but these 1st round O-line picks for years built another dominant, mean offensive line. As a result, they will likely either go or get real close to a SB with rookie QB.

One of SPs major weaknesses is patience.

Mainly from the amazing 2006 draft, we had a stud O-line. Then our O-line went down hill and we did not replace the the losses. imho, I think this is the main reason for 4 out of 5 losing seasons in a row with a HOF QB. Learn SP. Learn. And the replacement of Brees would not be so daunting when that time comes.

Here's an article on the old Dallas O-line. And Madden absolutely did love these O-line monsters.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/12/2/5167646/nfl-films-looks-at-the-offensive-line-that-made-the-triplets

Doug Free, Zach Martin, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick. They're really good at executing outside zone run and blast plays. Zeke makes this pretty effective because he has good vision, elusiveness, and balance. That's why you see a drop off when Dallas rotates in Morris or Dunbar.

Anyways, Dallas knows that they have to make their run now because when contracts need to be resigned, there's a good chance that some will leave for more money and this success won't last (living in Dallas, I hope that this happens lol).

Drafting offensive linemen in the 1st round over and over and over and over....

Drafting offensive linemen in the 1st round over and over and over and over....

Without a bust. If it was that easy anybody could do it. Look up the OL 1st rounders during that time and see who's good and who's a bust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom