What MMOs should I look at? (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for an mmo to get into. I'm open to pretty much any game.

I've played Age of Conan, LOTRO, Asheron's Call I and II, Star Wars Galaxies, Final Fantasy XI..

TBH, there really isn't a good MMO out there atm. If you like "f2p" korean MMOs there is Vinductus, but tbh the potentially good MMOS won't be out till next year: Blade and Soul, Guild Wars 2, and Terra.

FF14 is a bit of a disappointment atm, so that game would need to develop a bit more on my view. It does have a lot of potential, so you may try that at a later date when things improve since you liked 11.

TBH, there really isn't a good MMO out there atm. If you like "f2p" korean MMOs there is Vinductus, but tbh the potentially good MMOS won't be out till next year: Blade and Soul, Guild Wars 2, and Terra.

FF14 is a bit of a disappointment atm, so that game would need to develop a bit more on my view. It does have a lot of potential, so you may try that at a later date when things improve since you liked 11.

I agree with this.

FF14, while it's a totally beautiful game, is pretty much terrible. It has the feel of a game executed by a bunch of artist(it's so pretty and interesting) that just do not play games at all and do not understand how to make them playable(UI blows and it has ZERO polish)...stay away from this game.

The OP did not mention WOW..blizzard makes millions of dollars a month from that game and they definitely put a lot of money back into the system to keep it strong, interesting, and fluid.

Terra online does look extremely promising.

Yea, Im trying not to play WoW. I avoided Everquest cause I thought AC was a great game. I got deep into Lotro so I never played WoW. Just looking for something new. Guess I can wait for the ones that came out this year to get a little work put into them.

I wouldn't mention WoW either. To me, the game is no longer appealing for ppl looking for something a bit new. I say that because a good number of MMOs are WoW clones with tweaks here and there. So with that said, going to WoW nowadays is considered a step backward, rather than one forward imho.

But anyway, there's really nothing to play atm as I said. Thre's aion I guess, but even that's showing it's age as well.

I'm personally looking forward to DC Universe Online - due out after the first of the year. Being the comic guy I am it will be a nice break from the traditional fantasy MMOs. Also Old Republic looks to be shaping up nicely. Also not due til early next year.

I'm personally looking forward to DC Universe Online - due out after the first of the year. Being the comic guy I am it will be a nice break from the traditional fantasy MMOs. Also Old Republic looks to be shaping up nicely. Also not due til early next year.

yeah, i just watched footage of DC Online, and it looks like it could be pretty cool. im hoping that the controls are fast paced like Age of Conan's because i think ill go nuts if im trying to be a Flash type character and have to deal with auto-combat and keyboard turners crying.

my ladyfriend told me about it yesterday, and then said "we're gonna play it right? i wanna make a speedster character". i caught an instant nerd boner.

I've never played a MMO before but DC Online has me interested. The little I've seen about Old Republic looks pretty sweet too.

I have played Eve Online for a few years(off and on) and it has its ups and downs, like every MMO. I really like the PvP and depth of the game, it has a economy, and player run corporations and alliances.
It is unlike any other MMO, it is HARD! A real plus, is you are ALWAYS skill training as long as your account is active, so you don't have to be logged in to train your character. If you wanna try it I can send you a extended free trail invite, just shoot me a PM.

i played it for about 3 months before I moved to Jennings. It was cool, but it really isn't what it used to be. You just get super bot buffs and go kill olthoi for days.

Yeah. I started a new character and go to like 135 in a few weeks lol. It's still fun though. I just wish I knew a few hundred people who wanted to play it so I could start a server for it.

I could reactivate my account. I'm going to check out eve online first though. I'm sure most mmo's have a free trial. Some may even have a free play section. I'll be checking out different ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom