What MMOs should I look at? (3 Viewers)

Looking for an mmo to get into. I'm open to pretty much any game.

I've played Age of Conan, LOTRO, Asheron's Call I and II, Star Wars Galaxies, Final Fantasy XI..

Found the Emulator for Star Wars Galaxies pre-CU over the weekend. Still Love this game.

I am amazed that a couple thousand people(probably less with Bots) are keeping this game alive.

It's been a while since I've played, but DDO (D&D Online) was pretty solid. I liked the original opening story and first quests. You can solo and it was easy to get groups of 3 together. Most quests were 20-40 minutes. Only a few took an hour. Easy to manage time.

I also liked the Old Republic Online, but it was a bit hard to get started, and I found that getting groups was a chore compared to DDO.

I wonder how FFXII is now, since they seemingly fixed it years ago. But I don't like paying monthly fees.

It's been a while since I've played, but DDO (D&D Online) was pretty solid. I liked the original opening story and first quests. You can solo and it was easy to get groups of 3 together. Most quests were 20-40 minutes. Only a few took an hour. Easy to manage time.

I also liked the Old Republic Online, but it was a bit hard to get started, and I found that getting groups was a chore compared to DDO.

I wonder how FFXII is now, since they seemingly fixed it years ago. But I don't like paying monthly fees.

FFXIV is actually one of the best live MMOs on the market today. Great population, support, and seasonal activities. I've played it a bit at several different time periods.

FFXIV is actually one of the best live MMOs on the market today. Great population, support, and seasonal activities. I've played it a bit at several different time periods.

Doh, that's right. XIV.. not XII.

probably late to the party, but... http://darkageofcamelot.com, 16+ years ago. ultima online, 21 years ago. asheron's call, 19 years ago. true mmos are dead. wow pretty much killed the genre.

https://wiki.project1999.com/

If anyone is interested in a little nostalgia for free gaming. After playing some of the newer ones, geez EQ was an unforgiving game. Took me a while to get back into the playing smart mode.

Throwing in a vote for ESO. It's become a nice game.
My wife and I are also playing ESO. It is an easy grind with more character customization than you can imagine. We are both "Casual" players and there is plenty of content to explore. Most of the quests are easy to complete solo, but a few make you figure out some unique mechanic. No clue about "End-Game" or "Raiding", we are taking our time and enjoying it for what it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom