What movie have you watched more times than any other? (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I turned on the TV and was looking through the guide. Aliens happens to be on. It's one of those movies that any time it's on, I'm probably going to watch it, even though I have it DVRed and can watch it anytime. I've seen it countless times. There are a few other movies that I've watched many times (Karate Kid, original Star Wars, Star Trek, Nightmare on Elm Street), but I think Aliens may be at the top of the list.

Sixteen Candles
The Silence of the Lambs
American History X
When Harry Met Sally
It is what it is...

Sadly, it's probably getting to the point where it's "A Christmas Story".

It's just become part of the whole "I watch it once or sometimes twice every year during the 24-hour showing" tradition.........and now I look up and it's been like 20 years of doing that.

So let's say I've watched it 30 times............I really don't remember watching any other movie 30 times, ya know?

I watch the Karate Kid at least three times a year and have for many years. As a kid , i watched it on VHS every other day for a good year after first seeing it. Used to watch Dazed and Confused at least once a month but it has been awhile since i have seen it.

New movie: Interstellar

Old movie: Deep Impact

Yeah, there’s a common thread.

Probably the princess bride simply because I can put it on and be asleep in 15 minutes, so I went through a long period of putting it on just to go to sleep at night. (ive seen the beginning hundreds of times but the end maybe three times)

If we are talking about watching the whole way through probably Major League. I wore the VHS out when I was a kid, I loved that movie.

Dazed and Confused, by far.

That movie came out in September, 1993. It was the Fall of my junior year in college. I remember hearing about the movie (that the Slacker director had made it and it was set in the 70s, etc.) but it was playing in a limited release - it wasn't at the big, corporate theaters. But then a VHS dub of a promotional copy surfaced on campus . . . and a few weeks later, it seemed the promo VHS copy had been copied/dubbed hundreds of times. As copies of copies were made, quality deteriorated but it seemed like everyone had it.

The movie was in theaters at the time but that semester, it was on everywhere you went. Dorm rooms/suites, house parties, hanging out at your buddy's apartment, it was on. I probably watched it 40 or 50 times that semester, and I've probably seen it at least 10 times since then - I love that movie. It's still appealing to me despite the over-consumption.

I swore, didn't this topic come up a couple months ago?

Major Payne, mostly from working at a video store and playing it all the time there.

Lately, The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom