What must we do to get Joe Burrow in black and gold?? (2 Viewers)

How did Eli avoid having to play for the Chargers when they selected him in the draft in order to play for the team he wanted?

Might Joe be able to do that for us??? :scratch:

Realistically speaking? Find some dirt on him. The type of dirt that would cause him to fall in round 1. It would have to be a lot of it, too.

There's no way we pull this one off without going to the dark side, boys and girls.

How did Eli avoid having to play for the Chargers when they selected him in the draft in order to play for the team he wanted?

Might Joe be able to do that for us??? :scratch:
Archie told AJ Smith that if they drafted Eli, that he would sit out the year and enter the draft again next year. So Smith drafted him anyway but worked out a trade to NYG. Trade in place, NYG drafted Rivers and the 2 teams traded. Archie and Eli were willing to let the draft stand since it meant Eli to NYG.

Realistically speaking? Find some dirt on him. The type of dirt that would cause him to fall in round 1. It would have to be a lot of it, too.

There's no way we pull this one off without going to the dark side, boys and girls.

Perhaps weed and coke possession? And then add soliciting a prostitute?

Probably still wouldn't be enough

Interesting tidbit, and more to connect everything together:

The 33 first-half points by LSU were the most in the the opening 30 minutes against a Nick Saban-coached since 1999, when Purdue -- led by quarterback Drew Brees -- dropped Saban's Michigan State squad 52-28.

If you watched the game today, you saw Joe manipulate the pocket very much like Drew does. That’s not to say he’s Drew, but damn, he was pretty good in a tough environment and there’s no doubt he’s improved under good coaching. That’s more important than stats. He also responded every time Bama tried to make a run.

Joe made himself a few million tonight imo. I think he played himself out of range for the Saints to draft him.

That was because he hadn't proved himself against quality competition a few months ago. No way to judge so people took a wait and see. Now we've seen him play top competition and he held his own.

Nah. It was clear enough for me early on. The Texas game was very impressive. Didn't matter who he was playing. Those throws were pinpoint.

Have you not seen the times when the pocket is collapsing, he moves up and he is still looking down field? Or the times a guy is barreling down on him and he stands, delivers and takes a hit?

The game sealing play with ~2 minutes left in the Texas is an early example. He had pressure in his face in today's game.

I don't know how he will be on sundays but the kid is a gamer

Obviously someone who has not watched games, just highlights. The one think my Bama friend said is “ I watched three LSU games including today’s, and what has impressed me most is how Borrow hangs in the pocket and completes passes with people about to blow him up. He either takes the hit or climbs the pocket but always seems to be looking downfield.” This is a Bama fan

Nah. It was clear enough for me early on. The Texas game was very impressive. Didn't matter who he was playing. Those throws were pinpoint.
This^ is what has been so impressive to me about Burrow. He is making throws that are better than a lot of NFL QBs. He drops his passes in the hands of his receivers even when they are surrounded by defenders. He throws when his guys are making their breaks and still hits them in perfect stride. And he plays smart, limiting his mistakes.

Someone is going to draft a natural and talented kid to play for them on Sunday. I just hope it's a team that is committed to doing what it takes to win. I'd hate to see Burrow's talents go to waste.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom