What must we do to get Joe Burrow in black and gold?? (1 Viewer)

I think the more realistic question is how do we get 22 in Sean Payton's hands?

I made this thread with some obvious tongue in cheek, But that is actually a more intriguing question. Clyde really showed out tonight. SP would be prosecuted for the things he would do with him and Kamara in the backfield..

I made this thread with some obvious tongue in cheek, But that is actually a more intriguing question. Clyde really showed out tonight. SP would be prosecuted for the things he would do with him and Kamara in the backfield..
This wont be popular but if we draft Clyde and he picks up the offense fast there is a chance that we let Kamara go in free agency. With guys like Ram, Lattimore, Apple, Onyemata, Rankins and Peat hitting free agency, we will have to make some really tough decisions.

Nah. It was clear enough for me early on. The Texas game was very impressive. Didn't matter who he was playing. Those throws were pinpoint.
There is more to being a pro level QB than just throwing the ball especially when even that was against lesser competition.

He has proven himself now showing poise under pressure, leadership and all of the other intangibles, but everything in the early part of the season just led to speculation. He certainly looked good those games, but it really was meaningless until he had a chance to dig deep and show what he was really made of against top competition in more than one game.

The ability to shine against lesser competition, but not have enough to be equal to the best, is why we see so many QBs that are great in college and fail in the pros.

JMO.

Have you not seen the times when the pocket is collapsing, he moves up and he is still looking down field? Or the times a guy is barreling down on him and he stands, delivers and takes a hit?

The game sealing play with ~2 minutes left in the Texas is an early example. He had pressure in his face in today's game.

I don't know how he will be on sundays but the kid is a gamer
Coming into this weekend he was anhialating the record for QB rating under pressure. The prior 5 season leaders from 2014-2018 were in the neighborhood of 105-115, he is at 150. In those prior 5 seasons the largest gap from the leader to 2nd place was about 10-15 points, Burrow is 30 points above the 2nd place QB.

Last edited:
There are NFL guys (lots of future 1st rounders) all over the field. This isn’t Wake Forest.
U do know alot of first rounders do no pan out in the nfl whole nother level. I love burrow ,but no one knows how hes going to be at the pro level.Yes alot of players from bama will be in the nfl. But u also have alot of players who will never see the nfl.

I think after the combine he will grade out average from a physical/athletic perspective with a good 6'4 frame. Average arm, Average NFL athletic ability. Good Ball placement and accuracy. High football IQ and above average pre snap and processing speed. Hes gonna be a two read QB walking in the building. I think his physical measurables land him mid to late 1st early 2nd.

I think after the combine he will grade out average from a physical/athletic perspective with a good 6'4 frame. Average arm, Average NFL athletic ability. Good Ball placement and accuracy. High football IQ and above average pre snap and processing speed. Hes gonna be a two read QB walking in the building. I think his physical measurables land him mid to late 1st early 2nd.
No way in hell burrow drops that much!

What QB’s go ahead of him in your scenario? If he’s mid to late first then you’re pretty much saying he’s the 5-7 best QB prospect, so I’d like to see the 5 QB’s you think are better prospects in this draft.

If I see Herbert, Fromm or Love rated higher on your list I’m going to lose my lunch.

Never crown a 5th year graduated senior.

Are you talking about Burrow or Drew coming out of college?

He will be a Bengal and The Greatest Bengal to ever play. Atlanta will go Oline. Tua will be in Miami with me. only difference is that I will be enjoying the Saints, and he'll be getting a constant does of Belichick.

He's an Ohio boy. I'm sure he would love to try and win one for his state. ijs

What QB’s go ahead of him in your scenario? If he’s mid to late first then you’re pretty much saying he’s the 5-7 best QB prospect, so I’d like to see the 5 QB’s you think are better prospects in this draft.

If I see Herbert, Fromm or Love rated higher on your list I’m going to lose my lunch.
I think there will be three first round QBs this year. Tua gonna grade out as best prospect at the position. Herbert is gonna wow with physical talent. 6'6 230lb with mobility, good touch and a live arm. Those two will go before Joe i have no dought. Eason has the size and cannon for a arm. Possible some teams will grade him higher then Joe. The physical aspect of it plays so much into it in player evaluation. Guys who grade out like Joe when they have success, scouts will put a limited label on him in some aspect. Fromm will be the guy you see drop to the 3rd or 4th round im thinking. Hes gonna grade out average from a physical talent aspect as well. I think Joe is the 3rd QB off the board. In saying that i think Tua and Joe are the two best QBs in thr draft. Tua has more physical talent then Joe. He has a high end release, stronger arm, good football IQ, Better athlete, Good anticipation and touch. Footwork is good on the timing stuff. Throws better on the run then Joe. Can throw accurate balls with awkward platforms. Now Joe has average arm talent. Good ball placement. Really good football IQ. Sees the field and has command. Joe can run but it aint nothing special from a NFL perspective. Joe needs to restablish a platform to throw a accurate ball if hes flushed out. Thats Compairing the two physically. Mentally Tua is good. But Joe is really good. He knows football. Understands protections. Feels pressure and gets the ball out right before it gets to him. Understanding of passing concepts. Joe gonna be advanced in his pre snap. Joe can be a really good pro in the right setting. Also i see Tua always being banged up in the pros. Hes always limping towards the end of the season. If im right Saints have a higher chance of getting him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom