What must we do to get Joe Burrow in black and gold?? (1 Viewer)

Not sure if it’s legal

Burrow not enter draft and signs as Undrafted FA

Nope he is not!

He is fine.

The best ever. NFL ready. Has done this against the best for years. Nope Nope Nope

He is about as NFL ready as the bears bust right now.

Yes by being a QB you get drafted higher.

Especially the first round with the way you can lock them up for 5 years if you get lucky.

He is a second round talent. He just got lucky to not have any real QB talent in this draft.

He is far from the most NFL ready QB.

With that said I am happy for him and all the LSU fan base but let's not get delusional.

I don’t know how accurate your post will turn out to be but the underlined sentence in your post shows some kind of bias because the absurdity in that statement knows no bounds.

You’re comparing a 13 game starter in college that never showed the ability to be accurate or read a defense to a 26 game starter who is one of the most accurate qb’s running a pro style offense that shows a great ability to read defenses and go through his reads with relative ease.

Whether Burrow succeeds or not, to compare him to Trubisky is ridiculous.

It's going to take a trade very similar to the Redskins gave up to get RG3. If we took this route,I would not be upset.
How many times do you get to draft a franchise QB that is already playing in your current system?

Due to recent draft success and player development, the current team is built to handle a scenario like that if it meant getting Drew's successor in the building.

Due to recent draft success and player development, the current team is built to handle a scenario like that if it meant getting Drew's successor in the building.
Very good point! Our second round pick is one of the best rookie offensive lineman at the moment. Also we're getting great value from our next pick as well. So I agree...we can definitely afford to take a hit draft capital wise.

I don’t know how accurate your post will turn out to be but the underlined sentence in your post shows some kind of bias because the absurdity in that statement knows no bounds.

You’re comparing a 13 game starter in college that never showed the ability to be accurate or read a defense to a 26 game starter who is one of the most accurate qb’s running a pro style offense that shows a great ability to read defenses and go through his reads with relative ease.

Whether Burrow succeeds or not, to compare him to Trubisky is ridiculous.

To compare him the the bears bust is nice.

If he was the greatest thing since sliced bread why was he behind Barrett and Haskins? Barrett kept him on the bench? Jesus

Hey I like the kid but what every scout is gonna ask themselves is why the fork was he a undrafted QB before the bunch sets and pick plays?

Is it the pick plays? And working the seams in the passing game or him?

With out them he was a 57% guy.

To compare him the the bears bust is nice.

If he was the greatest thing since sliced bread why was he behind Barrett and Haskins? Barrett kept him on the bench? Jesus

Hey I like the kid but what every scout is gonna ask themselves is why the fork was he a undrafted QB before the bunch sets and pick plays?

Is it the pick plays? And working the seams in the passing game or him?

With out them he was a 57% guy.

It is called the system he is currently in, that is a huge reason for his sudden ascent. He was good last year. But this year, you have to see the obvious. The system. The Saints system. That in itself, was a big reason for the success against Saban’s defense as well.

Here to say I was wrong about Joe.

I knew he was good, but did not see him as number 1 overall good. I thought his ceiling would be a day 2 selection.

I would love to have him as a Saint, but I think it would take a Ricky Williams type trade.

I think there will be three first round QBs this year. Tua gonna grade out as best prospect at the position. Herbert is gonna wow with physical talent. 6'6 230lb with mobility, good touch and a live arm. Those two will go before Joe i have no dought. Eason has the size and cannon for a arm. Possible some teams will grade him higher then Joe. The physical aspect of it plays so much into it in player evaluation. Guys who grade out like Joe when they have success, scouts will put a limited label on him in some aspect. Fromm will be the guy you see drop to the 3rd or 4th round im thinking. Hes gonna grade out average from a physical talent aspect as well. I think Joe is the 3rd QB off the board. In saying that i think Tua and Joe are the two best QBs in thr draft. Tua has more physical talent then Joe. He has a high end release, stronger arm, good football IQ, Better athlete, Good anticipation and touch. Footwork is good on the timing stuff. Throws better on the run then Joe. Can throw accurate balls with awkward platforms. Now Joe has average arm talent. Good ball placement. Really good football IQ. Sees the field and has command. Joe can run but it aint nothing special from a NFL perspective. Joe needs to restablish a platform to throw a accurate ball if hes flushed out. Thats Compairing the two physically. Mentally Tua is good. But Joe is really good. He knows football. Understands protections. Feels pressure and gets the ball out right before it gets to him. Understanding of passing concepts. Joe gonna be advanced in his pre snap. Joe can be a really good pro in the right setting. Also i see Tua always being banged up in the pros. Hes always limping towards the end of the season. If im right Saints have a higher chance of getting him.

Not sure what you were watching but Joe walked into the most hostile environment to play football on at any level, with the entire country watching including the POTUS in attendance and then proceeded to dissect a bunch of future NFL players. The dude was constantly under pressure and still completing passes while scrambing, falling, spinning. More importantly than all of that, he completed NFL throws on NFL style routes. No one gives a crap about how far you can bomb the ball in the NFL, moving the chains and dominating the other team is the key to long term NFL success. There's no way Tua goes above him with bum ankles. His game play style is too dependent on mobility.

It is called the system he is currently in, that is a huge reason for his sudden ascent. He was good last year. But this year, you have to see the obvious. The system. The Saints system. That in itself, was a big reason for the success against Saban’s defense as well.

I agree he is a system QB.

I agree that is why they won. Nobody works the middle of the bama d.

If you watched the game today, you saw Joe manipulate the pocket very much like Drew does. That’s not to say he’s Drew, but damn, he was pretty good in a tough environment and there’s no doubt he’s improved under good coaching. That’s more important than stats. He also responded every time Bama tried to make a run.

Joe made himself a few million tonight imo. I think he played himself out of range for the Saints to draft him.
Interesting thoughts about the pocket presence. I saw great pocket awareness, the ability to detect and move away from pressure, with eyes downfield. But what I didn't understand is why he seemed to consistently take off to the right, rather than step up into the pocket, seemingly regardless of where Bama defenders were coming from? Maybe just a stretch of plays that has stuck with me, as I can see a lot of positive comments here about his play under duress.

Last edited:
Ironic that LSU finally discovered the forward pass and now all of sudden everyone thinks they are world beaters. Even more ironic that it is a Saints scheme that they are running now. This thread is silly though he isn't going to fall anywhere near where the Saints pick.

U do know alot of first rounders do no pan out in the nfl whole nother level. I love burrow ,but no one knows how hes going to be at the pro level.Yes alot of players from bama will be in the nfl. But u also have alot of players who will never see the nfl.
You missed my point. We were talking about speed level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom