What NFL coach could last 20 years in his current job? (1 Viewer)

20 years... That means Sean would have to coach here what, 14 more years or something (he has been here since 06')? I can't see him lasting 20 years, but not on account of his schemes going stale, but because 14 years from now the NFL (as we know it) will cease to exist. The game will become to lame for Sean and he will move on to greener pastures such as football on Mars or something.

Dr Payton needs 13 more seasons to make it to 20. I doubt he will even stick around with the us or with any other team for that matter after Drew retires because I remember him saying something about retiring early and spending time with family.

Umm that plan didn't seem to go so well.

If we find another QB to run the system who has elite potential than he's here.....

I hope we beef up the defense sufficiently so by then we will still be competitive and can help a young qb. This means harper, smith, vilma, and robinson must be gone...

The Saint's special teams coach seems to be able to stay till HE is ready to leave. Based on the product he put's on the field, he's got pictures or video of somebody. He's never even a whiffed mention of change. If the Saint's excelled at special teams I would understand it, but they put poor to mid level special teams on the field consistently.

Kris

i do not know if he will be here for 20 more years, but i think the year off definately helps. Without that break, he may have hung it up after 2 or 3 more years. Now that he has had a year off and hated it, I think that has given his career 10 to 15 more years.

It does all depend on who he gets to replace Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom