What NFL Draft Pick were you most right and wrong about? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
We all believe a draft pick will go one way or the other. They will either be a hit, or you think they will be a miss. Removing players taken in the last 3 years (because players need about that much time to develop) what pick were you most right and wrong about?

This isn’t just related to the Saints, this could be any pick by any team.

MT13 NAILED it!! I had 4 players listed on an index card with MT at the top. showed my wife out of our front window BEFORE, MT was selected. She was having a nicotine cigarette.
She was like, "I'm not surprised, you sleep with the Saints as often as you sleep with me." LOLOLOL... EVERY day, and EVERY night!

Colston in the 7th. Really like him watching the combine drills. Really thought he would translate to the NFL. Was pumped when I heard his name called.

Also, I live in Tennessee, so my son called Kamara when the saints moved up. It was neat to see him pump his fists when they called his name, like he knew it all along. Lol

Right - Mitch Trubisky. I thought that he would be a bad draft pick, and that he wouldn’t do well wherever he went.

Wrong- Kellen Moore. I thought that Moore would be a great qb prospect (I wanted him to be groomed with Sean Canfield lol). That was a bad one.

I'll never forget watching Colston at the combine. He looked amazing. He had great size, he ran in the 4.5s, and he looked great in drills. He just looked so natural catching the ball in the gauntlet especially. The knock on him was that he was a small school tweener. Too small to play TE and not quick enough to play WR. I didn't see that at all. I was amazed he fell to the 7th and I was really happy when we drafted him.

So yeah, #12 is the hit I'm most proud of. As for my misses lol, I don't even know where to start. A few that jump to mind are a couple of LBs I was high on. The Saints always needed LBs and I always hoped they'd draft one of my guys. One of those guys was a LBer out of Florida State named Ernie Sims. I followed his career for some reason. I think he was the top recruit in the country out of HS. He was built like a tank and he could run. I thought he'd be a Pro Bowler.

Another LBer I was high on was Boss Bailey. I mean come on, he's Champ Bailey's brother, he's 6'3", 230, and he runs a 4.5. And his name is Boss! How could he not be a perennial Pro Bowler?

I could go on forever with names like Teddy Lehman, Torrance Marshall, Andy Katzmoyer, etc.

Most right I'll go with Stephone Anthony. I didn't think he was a 1st round guy.
Most wrong I'll go with Cam Jordan. I thought he was a bad fit in a 4-3 and wouldn't develop into a double digit sack guy.

The Worst: I really wanted Jarvis Jones out of Georgia the year we drafted Vaccaro.

The Good: Kamara. Called it well before the draft.

Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee is a guy I would love for the Saints to snag in round 2 or 3. This guy would be absolutely electrifying as the satellite back in Sean Payton's offense. IMO the need for a Reggie/Sproles type player in an absolute need and we can't do another another year of Cadet as a major player in this offense.

If he's available in round 3 you definitely pick him, I just don't think he's there that late. Below are his highlights through his Sophomore year. He took it to another level as a junior, including a 312 total yard game against A&M.

Also, I hated drafting Stephen Anthony over Eric Kendricks... what a blunder!!!!

Neutral: Jamaal Brown over Derrick Johnson definitely annoyed me. It ended up turning out somewhat neutral even though Derrick Johnson had the better career.

Last edited:
I really wanted the Saints to draft Vince Young in '06. He had a similar play style to Brooks and thought he would elevate the offense to new heights without having to change a whole lot. Boy am I glad I wasn't in that front office! When we signed Brees in march, I had no idea who we were getting and thought we had just missed a golden opportunity.

Most right: Jammal Brown
Most wrong: Donte Stallworth, thought he was going to be an All Pro

My most wrong was easily Stanley Jean Baptiste. Thought he was the next Richard Sherman. Was so excited when we drafted him that I hit my head on the ceiling fan and busted the glass.

most right was probably John Ross. So many people fell in love with him over his 40 time but I knew he’d be a high draft pick bust

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom