What NFL Draft Pick were you most right and wrong about? (1 Viewer)

I will try to pick the ones I felt most strongly about one way or another that were also not a no-brainer (ala Peyton Manning). I honestly don't keep up with the draft anymore like I used to and even when I did I only did a couple of mock drafts...so most of my picks are probably either Saints or UT related:

Right
Colston - had him in my mock draft
Kamara - I wanted desperately for the Saints to take him because I had followed him at UT and knew he was a rare talent that was under-utilized
Jason Witten - another guy I had followed at UT and UT was known to under-utilize TEs (and still do)
Eric Berry - again...UT guy
Ryan Leaf - not that I thought he would be the bust that he was...I just had a LOT of internet arguments back then with people because I was convinced that there was no way Leaf would be a better QB than Manning.

Wrong
Morstead - I thought moving up to take a punter was a waste
Ricky Williams - I thought he was a can't-miss and had no issues with Ditka giving up the picks. I just never took into account Ricky's mental issues
Matt Leinart - I really wanted to trade our pick to the Jets that year but if we didn't I kinda wanted Leinart because we needed a QB at the time more than a running back. But I also knew that Bush is the type of back that you probably couldn't pass up either.
Willie Roaf - I was just upset they traded Swilling to pull this off. Had no clue who Roaf was at the time.

Most right: Clay Matthews. Still upset we didn’t get him.
Most wrong: Michael Thomas. I’ve said this on here before but I didn’t like how he ran and thought it was inefficient.

Right- Trent Richardson. Shake and bake while he was running through holes I could drive a truck through in college. Those holes don't exist in the NFL.

Wrong- Drew Brees. I thought he'd be destroyed in the NFL. I wanted to draft Linehart instead of signing him in FA. Thank God I was wrong here :)

The Worst: I really wanted Jarvis Jones out of Georgia the year we drafted Vaccaro.

The Good: Kamara. Called it well before the draft.

Also, I hated drafting Stephen Anthony over Eric Kendricks... what a blunder!!!!

Neutral: Jamaal Brown over Derrick Johnson definitely annoyed me. It ended up turning out somewhat neutral even though Derrick Johnson had the better career.
Ditto. I was thinking Kendrickson was for sure going to be the pick there too. Then they said Anthony, who i didn't have an opinion on, but was disappointed bc I loved what EK showed. Oh well, wish in one hand....

My most wrong was easily Stanley Jean Baptiste. Thought he was the next Richard Sherman. Was so excited when we drafted him that I hit my head on the ceiling fan and busted the glass.

most right was probably John Ross. So many people fell in love with him over his 40 time but I knew he’d be a high draft pick bust
I was also right on this one and caught a lot of flack for saying this dude had no right being a 2nd rounder. I think I may have had a different SN back then, Fatcitysfinest iirc.

Right- Dak Prescott
Wrong - Lamar Jackson (even if he does get hurt and doesn’t have a long career, he still has an mvp season)

I wanted the Saints to draft Jonathan Vilma so bad. I just thought he would be a great NFL linebacker. so glad when the Saints traded for him. Not only a great athlete but so smart. Watching him go head to head with Peyton in the Super Bowl was epic; waiting for Peyton to call an audible and then realigning the defense was incredible. Then he makes two incredible plays: stops a sure first down with a one on one tackle, breaks up a pass to the TE at the 5 yard line stopping a TD or goal to go. DD is great but Vilma was the greatest. I know he has a great tv job but would love to see him come back and coach.

These were the prospects who i thought were gonna be really good.
Most right: Justin Houston
Most wrong: Kam Correa

These were the prospects who i thought were gonna be busters.

Most right: Taco Charlton (Honorary mention to Robert Nkemdiche)
Most wrong: Brandon Scherff

Last edited:
Hit - Russell Wilson. Saw the potential in 2010 when he was still with NC State, prior to transferring to Wisconsin ....where he really lit it up.

Miss - Vince Young. Prior to Brees being signed, he was the quarterback I wanted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom