What NFL Draft Pick were you most right and wrong about? (1 Viewer)

I had plenty of misses but one that I got correct was actually Michael Thomas pick. At my friends draft party everyone was going insane after they called saints draft Michael Thomas when I called it out at beginning of the round. Proud moment lol

I doubt it given the competitiveness at the position, but it's possible he starts again in the right situation. His QB rating was a mirage. The most yards he ever threw for was just 3400. That was his best year in 2017 with 26 TDs and 9 INTs but he also had 7 fumbles. After that, he kept fading until he lost his starting job. Anyone that watched him could see how limited he was at the QB position. He never learned the art of the position and seemed stuck in the mud after his 3rd year.

His biggest contribution in that one start for the Raiders was his rushing. He still looked incredibly meh throwing the ball.

Regardless, we can argue stats all day, whether he was or wasn't as bad as he seemed, etc. but the fact is that the team that drafted him replaced him with another bust who played much, much better. Mariotta is now a backup about to be cut by the Raiders.

It's ok to just admit he didn't turn into what you predicted. Jameis did put up some big numbers, but I was wrong that he'd become a long-term, viable starter.

Yeah.

Not going to admit that prematurely.

Mariota has a better qb rating and completion percentage than Brees had his first 5 years in the league.

Brees also changed teams because his former team didn't want him.

And this is from a guy who never lost faith in Tannehill or Alex Smith because I knew they would need several years to develop, and so they did.

The pick I was most disappointed by was Stephone Anthony. I thought he would be a Rickey Jackson level talent, but he hit a plateau and never moved past it.
And that plateau was about Mark Simoneau level...

I thought Taj Boyd would be good. I don't think he was drafted and I'm not sure he was even invited to camp.

Yeah.

Not going to admit that prematurely.

Mariota has a better qb rating and completion percentage than Brees had his first 5 years in the league.

Brees also changed teams because his former team didn't want him.

And this is from a guy who never lost faith in Tannehill or Alex Smith because I knew they would need several years to develop, and so they did.

This argument is so tired. Every failed QB is actually Drew Brees because Drew Brees took 3 years to really turn into a good starter.

There’s one Drew Brees for a reason. He didn’t get benched and play like crap his last year in San Diego. We got him because of an injury that people thought would end his career. And even though he was let go with big question marks, he was still sought after as a starter.

This argument is so tired. Every failed QB is actually Drew Brees because Drew Brees took 3 years to really turn into a good starter.

There’s one Drew Brees for a reason. He didn’t get benched and play like crap his last year in San Diego. We got him because of an injury that people thought would end his career. And even though he was let go with big question marks, he was still sought after as a starter.

Pretty lazy analysis.

Brees also had 4 years of coaching continuity under Schottenheimer in San Diego.

He also had 4 years with the same OC under Cam Cameron.

Even Brees's qb coach was Shottehhiemer's son Brian.

But yeah.

Dismiss Mariota as a failure for not falling into the same cushy situation as Brees despite having superior numbers through 5 season with 4 different OCs.

Alex Smith was subjected to the same whirlwind in SF early.

Right - matt leinart

wrong - im switching sports, only because the magnitude about how wrong i was. I said kevin durant would be a bum because he was too skinny and couldn't bench press 150 pounds 🤦‍♂️

I remember being at a pizza place watching the draft the year we took Jimmy Graham in I believe the third round. My buddy called me freaking out, we have so many holes, a basketball player, wth?!?! I told him Mike D was high on him, and to calm down. Was definitely proven right. Where I remember going wrong was the USC DT, Charlie Brown was his name? Eek, he was a beast in college, and remember wanting him pretty bad. Swing and a miss!

Right, ended up being bad:
Tavon Austin
Corey Coleman

Right, ended up being good:
Colston, bought his jersey after first camp
Aaron Donald, said he should've been top 3

Wrong, ended up being bad:
Aaron Curry, yikes
Takk McKinley

Wrong, ended up being good:
Odell Beckham
Cam Jordan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom