Saints What offensive formation/play would you like to see the Saints run? (1 Viewer)

Run the offense as usual, but if any RB gets a hot hand, feed him.

Nothing causes worry and discouragement more in an opponent than not being able to stop the run. Basically, the more you run, the more you wear down their defense, so the more you can run. Also there are bonuses. You set up play-pass action, and also keep their offense off the field.

Run the damn ball.

Dang! You beat me to it! Here's a breakdown:

Awesome clip. Ed O'Neill is one bad dude. Now im inspired to que up on my DVR an episode of Married With Children. I think I'll play the one where Santa from Lakeline Mall falls on the Bundy's roof

Taysom QB- LB or S spy
mongomery RB-LB
Kamara WR-CB
Thomas WR-CB
T. Hill TE-LB
Harris or Sanders RB/Slot - LB or S

You get a lot of mismatches

Chose wisely you can’t go man coverage and you have to leave at least 6 in the box giving you one on one matchups across the board

I’ll take Taysom Vs a LB all day in the run or any one of our pass catchers

I'd like to see the Carl Smith offense... I miss it.

1st - run left for a yard
2nd - run middle OR right (it's a versatile attack) for another yard
3rd - incomplete 10-yard pass or complete 5-yard pass
4th - punt

Hear me out first.....

Both running backs and Taysom in the backfield in wishbone formation. Michael Thomas and Emmanuel lined up out wide. Drew reads D, takes the wishbone option OR throws deep. Used just once, this might be a big play. Save it for the Super Bowl.

I remember we use to run a direct snap to Deuce, while AB acts like the snap went over his head. I wouldn't mind seeing that play come back.

Hear me out first.....

Both running backs and Taysom in the backfield in wishbone formation. Michael Thomas and Emmanuel lined up out wide. Drew reads D, takes the wishbone option OR throws deep. Used just once, this might be a big play. Save it for the Super Bowl.
Wishbone with Taysom, Kamara and Montgomery, no WRs only linemen and TEs
Drew reads the defense and has the option to motion the backs out wide and drop back into a shotgun.
You either have the personal for a run in which case we go motion to the shotgun or you have DBs lining up as LBs, in which case you run it down their throat. Or if you're SP you throw it to Kamara in the flat

Pistol Formation
QB - Hill
RB - Kamara
HB - Murray (would have had Line here)
TE - Cook
WR - Thomas, Sanders

If Baltimore can get away with this mess then why not us? Sanders taking off the top on one side, Thomas on inside slant on the other, Kamara motion into slot on wheel/rub route, Cook and Murray block or run route. Hill can RPO. This is what I would do in Madden ‘20, just stay in this formation the whole game and audible plays at the line. 😂

I want to see us run the Wishbone designed by Coach Darrel Royal to make sure we run the ball enough and don't go pass happy in the playoffs. Then again, SP is genius enough where he could take an offense with a single WR and turn it into an offensive juggernaut - lol

Im not a football guru so my formation might or might not be legal but I would love to see this formation ran.

At QB- Winston
At WR- M.T Taysom and Kamara
RB- Deonte runs either a route or does a fake sweep.
TE- Cook or Trautman.

Result play. Winston goes to M.T for 15 yard gain if big play doesn't develop. If it does hit Taysom, Kamara, Cook/Trautman or Deonte in Space Deep for a big play.

When Armstrong first came to us with those insane speed numbers I hoped they'd figure a way to get a Tackle screen to him some how. With his injuries and overall quality of play, I don't anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom