What on Netflix are you binge watching? (3 Viewers)

Gump

Which was better? Super bowl 44 or 51?
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hooked on Shooter right now. Great series so far. Schitts creek was pretty good but started with shooter.

What about you?

KiwiSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Zeetes mentioned Happy Valley...highly recommend. During COVID, I've also really enjoyed End of the F***ing World, Last Tango in Halifax, Babylon Berlin, Away and Peaky Blinders.

I'm onto the last episode of Season 5 of Peaky Blinders and am afraid to hit "play". The sense of dread and foreboding is overwhelming...great series. I love the antithesis with Downton Abbey...same historical time period with such different viewpoints of society...gritty, criminal underworld of 1920's and 30's urban, industrial Britain vs. the stately, decaying high society of rural, pastoral Yorkshire.

COsaintsfan

Longtime Lurker
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm onto the last episode of Season 5 of Peaky Blinders and am afraid to hit "play". The sense of dread and foreboding is overwhelming...great series.
Hate the episode count per season, but probably attributes to its greatness.

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

“Netflix is trialling a new service that will pull content from the streaming giant's existing library and present it in a linear, scheduled format for those subscribers who like the idea of accessing a pre-programmed feed that "doesn't require them to choose what they are going to watch," similar to standard broadcast and cable TV channels.”

Netflix invents cable TV :shrug:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

“Netflix is trialling a new service that will pull content from the streaming giant's existing library and present it in a linear, scheduled format for those subscribers who like the idea of accessing a pre-programmed feed that "doesn't require them to choose what they are going to watch," similar to standard broadcast and cable TV channels.”

Netflix invents cable TV :shrug:
I guess Netflix has run out of ideas and recycling old ones now. I still have a few more shows I want to finish, the I'll probably axe Netflix at some point.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That makes sense though
Netflix is just an ordinary brand with a TON of content but hardly any tentpole titles
If they develop shows that are appointment worthy like Mandalorian or Watchmen, it will help stay on top
Plus if you have someone locked in for a series run, you have that subscriber for 2-3 months vs a weekend

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That makes sense though
Netflix is just an ordinary brand with a TON of content but hardly any tentpole titles
If they develop shows that are appointment worthy like Mandalorian or Watchmen, it will help stay on top
Plus if you have someone locked in for a series run, you have that subscriber for 2-3 months vs a weekend
nothing is appointment worthy....i will always prefer to watch something at my own leisure...

you old fogies just can't embrace the idea of not being on a schedule...i guess you have to have your pudding and Matlock before bedtime

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
nothing is appointment worthy....i will always prefer to watch something at my own leisure...

you old fogies just can't embrace the idea of not being on a schedule...i guess you have to have your pudding and Matlock before bedtime
why would anyone say 'no' to pudding? you make no sense

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Just binged schitt's creek. Awesome show. Really funny and great writing.

i love how they incorporated a portion of the show into the life of gay people, without making it controversial or uncomfortable for anyone.

i hope this will help outsiders understand and respect their world.

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Just finished Vikings..... excellent

I loved the following:

Last Kingdom
Game of Thrones (about as far into fantasy as I will go)
Ozark
Breaking Bad
Peaky Blinders
Narcos
The Fall
Bosch

With those listed, can anyone recommend a similar show for me to watch?

I always hate when I finish a show, having to look for another show to dive into.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I loved the following:

Last Kingdom
Game of Thrones (about as far into fantasy as I will go)
Ozark
Breaking Bad
Peaky Blinders
Narcos
The Fall
Bosch

With those listed, can anyone recommend a similar show for me to watch?

I always hate when I finish a show, having to look for another show to dive into.
i think you would like the BBC cop shows - Luther, Wentworth, Happy Valley, Broadchurch

Consiglieri

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The first few seasons were indeed excellent, mostly because it was fresh and different. But it seemed to jump the shark along the way, just more of the same. Ally with king X to beat king Y then ally with Z to kill king X. Were the last two seasons better?

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
i think you would like the BBC cop shows - Luther, Wentworth, Happy Valley, Broadchurch
just checked into these shows....

luther - cant watch on either netflix or prime
happy valley - cant watch on netflix or prime

wentworth - don't know if i will like this show, looks similar to orange is the new black, which i didn't get hooked to

broadchurch is on netflix and looks good. i will give it a shot.

i will follow up later with my feedback ;)

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The first few seasons were indeed excellent, mostly because it was fresh and different. But it seemed to jump the shark along the way, just more of the same. Ally with king X to beat king Y then ally with Z to kill king X. Were the last two seasons better?
I had the same feelings as you.... seasons 1-3 were great. Then I started to question if the best was already seen. Then late season 5 and season 6 were really good.

Of course it has its slow parts, but I would recommend to finish it, as it shows the legacy of the whole Lothbrok family.

Just a warning (not a spoiler), but in season 5/6 the actor who played the Rus king is lame. I have to imagine better actors had to audition for this part.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
just checked into these shows....

luther - cant watch on either netflix or prime
happy valley - cant watch on netflix or prime

wentworth - don't know if i will like this show, looks similar to orange is the new black, which i didn't get hooked to

broadchurch is on netflix and looks good. i will give it a shot.

i will follow up later with my feedback ;)
also Bodyguard

Rectify and The Sinner are pretty interesting
if you're good with international then Occupied & Fauda are both excellent (and on Prime Trapped )

Norsemen is a fun comedic/farce take on Vikings

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom