What on Netflix are you binge watching? (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I read that Kate wanted all her belly showing in sex scenes and crows feet etc. She was awesome in this series. She is my favorite female actress after that.
There was a shot of her when they were saying bye to the daughter- Kate was wan, plain -almost ghost-like
I was shocked they shot her like that, but hats off to her for really going ‘warts and all’
Jean smart too

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
So I just saw an article saying that they cancelled Jupiter's Legacy but picked up the creater's other book for a show, Supercrooks. It also says that Supercrooks is a part of that same world so it's almost a spin-off of it. And damn, 200 million for the one season? That's ludicrous but then amazon is spending 500 million for one season of Lord of the Rings(it will have around 20 episodes though whereas I'm guessing Jupiter had no more than 13.)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I just saw an article saying that they cancelled Jupiter's Legacy but picked up the creater's other book for a show, Supercrooks. It also says that Supercrooks is a part of that same world so it's almost a spin-off of it. And damn, 200 million for the one season? That's ludicrous but then amazon is spending 500 million for one season of Lord of the Rings(it will have around 20 episodes though whereas I'm guessing Jupiter had no more than 13.)
Like teondras said, it’s really hard to see where the JL money went - efx and editing were mediocre at best
I imagine it will be much easier seeing the $ in LotR

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Last Friday I binged the back half of season 5 of Lucifer. I love that show, so awesome. I'll be watching those episodes a 2nd time right before I cancel Netflix.

FLEA

Livin' the dream
Reaction score
Been hooked on ROTTEN lately....It is an investigative documentary series focusing on corruption in the global food supply chain. Absolutely stunning.
1622737238612.png

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Got to episode 4 last night. I am hooked. If you like Snowfall, Breaking Bad, Ozark - you'll probably like this.
Is Snowfall the show about cocaine? I think I remember the commercials for it before it came out and it looked interesting. It's a show I would consider watching and I liked Breaking Bad(didn't think it was the greatest show ever though) so I'd be willing to check out Startup.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
So I did some math and Jupiter's Legacy costs more per episode than the Lord of the Rings show. 25 million an episode for Jupiter whereas Lord clocks in at around 23 million an episode. This actually makes the half a billion Lord show seem not as insane.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
So I did some math and Jupiter's Legacy costs more per episode than the Lord of the Rings show. 25 million an episode for Jupiter whereas Lord clocks in at around 23 million an episode. This actually makes the half a billion Lord show seem not as insane.

It seems unbelievable that they spent that kind of money on a show with such poor production values. Seriously, how do you spend 200 million an episode and not pay attention to little details like makeup or the glaringly obvious cinematography gaffs???
That may be the reason it got cancelled. The people in charge may have said we need a lot better looking product for our investment. Honestly, I had chalked up that stuff to low budget, made for TV issues. I had no idea what kind of crazy budget they'd had; never would have imagined such a number from looking at the show.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It seems unbelievable that they spent that kind of money on a show with such poor production values. Seriously, how do you spend 200 million an episode and not pay attention to little details like makeup or the glaringly obvious cinematography gaffs???
That may be the reason it got cancelled. The people in charge may have said we need a lot better looking product for our investment.
Except they picked up his in universe spin-off show Super Crooks. It'll be a new cast but no mention about other people's involvement.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That may be the reason it got cancelled. The people in charge may have said we need a lot better looking product for our investment. Honestly, I had chalked up that stuff to low budget, made for TV issues. I had no idea what kind of crazy budget they'd had; never would have imagined such a number from looking at the show.
In the thread about the show nolapse talked about the huge reshoot they had to do - that jibes with my theory that some over ambitious under qualified got ahold of it in the late stages and did what those kind of people usually do

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
Is Snowfall the show about cocaine? I think I remember the commercials for it before it came out and it looked interesting. It's a show I would consider watching and I liked Breaking Bad(didn't think it was the greatest show ever though) so I'd be willing to check out Startup.
Yes.

I liked Breaking Bad the first couple of seasons. Then it got stupid and over the top.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I liked it but it's not even in my top 10 of best shows. So now I have two shows to watch, Snowfall and Startup.

I loved Snowfall. I think I said this before but it’s not quite The Wire good, but it was still a great binge for me. Lots of same type content as Narcos but from the US side of the battle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom