What on Netflix are you binge watching? (4 Viewers)

We've got a tricky Vinn Diagram of shows we'll all watch - with very limited overlap.

Me/Wife/Daughter: Chopped, His Dark Materials, Band of Brothers
Me/Wife: The Crown, Outlander, Ms. Maisel, Beforeigners.
Me/Daughter: The Good Place, Stranger Things
Just Me: Mad Men, Better Call Saul, End of the F'ing World

Anybody seen Beforeigners? It is a Norwegian show now on HBO Demand. Thousands of folks from the past (stone age, vikings, etc.) suddenly appear and are treated like immigrants. Very clever and entertaining. The viking cop is hot but you don't want to know what she does with moss.

Last edited:
Finished Altered Carbon last night - really enjoyed that one on a recommendation from this thread.

As usual, Altered Carbon has officially received the Netflix 2 season axe.

We've got a tricky Vinn Diagram of shows we'll all watch - with very limited overlap.

Me/Wife/Daughter: Chopped, His Dark Materials, Band of Brothers
Me/Wife: The Crown, Outlander, Ms. Maisel, Beforeigners.
Me/Daughter: The Good Place, Stranger Things
Just Me: Mad Men, Better Call Saul, End of the F'ing World

Anybody seen Beforeigners? It is a Norwegian show now on HBO Demand. Thousands of folks from the past (stone age, vikings, etc.) suddenly appear and are treated like immigrants. Very clever and entertaining. The viking cop is hot but you don't want to know what she does with moss.
Just saw this

I posters in the ‘what are you watching’ thread about Beforeigners
3 episodes in and LOVING IT

As usual, Altered Carbon has officially received the Netflix 2 season axe.

Netflix murdered that story. The books were so good and they just destroyed them. They did a decently good job right up until near the end of season 1, but after that, they just went off the rails and the series bears almost no resemblance to the books.

I thought Season 1 was pretty good even if it wasn't like the books, but season 2 was pretty bad.

Just finished season two of the Umbrella Academy. Got started on Teenaged Bounty Hunters and it was better than I expected for the first few episodes, but haven’t returned to it yet. Finally got my wife to start Stranger Things, so until she gets through it, I won’t be watching much else.

Just saw this

I posters in the ‘what are you watching’ thread about Beforeigners
3 episodes in and LOVING IT
Yeah, it is very different in a quirky Scandinavian way. Weird but clever. Like ABBA.

Hope they make a second season!

I just binged three seasons of the Legend of Korra.

Umbrella Academy season 2 is next.

If you’re a fan of Ricky Gervais, I strongly recommend After Life on Netflix.

Don't know if Animal Kingdom on Amazon was mentioned yet, but I'm on season 3 now and it's a great show. Wife and I love it. Somewhat similar to Sons of Anarchy in the show structure, but definitely unique in its own way. Highly recommend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom