what our defense would look like (1 Viewer)

no man...just upset that we refuse to spend a little money...season is never over. i love this team and i would never turn my back on them just a little upset thats all..

And Snyder hasn't won anything ever and Jones only won when he had a guy like Jimmy Johnson spending his money wisely instead of like a frat boy on Bourbon Street and draft BPA. The good Cowboy teams were built in the draft, not by over spending for free agents. Even Bill Parcels couldn't win with Jerry's out of control spending.

You missed my point. The point is they try and do everything in their power to make sure they have the best chance at winning year in and year out. It doesn't always work out your right about that. But just once wouldn't you love to see Benson say what ever it takes Coach I want a Superbowl ring. I don't think he's ever cared whether we win or not just as long as we're selling out the dome.

You missed my point. The point is they try and do everything in their power to make sure they have the best chance at winning year in and year out. It doesn't always work out your right about that. But just once wouldn't you love to see Benson say what ever it takes Coach I want a Superbowl ring. .

So, your point is that you just want Benson to overspend so that we can lose while he loses money?

Personally, I'd rather him trust his football people to make the right moves for the team in the short and long term rather than overspending and still losing.

So, your point is that you just want Benson to overspend so that we can lose while he loses money?

Personally, I'd rather him trust his football people to make the right moves for the team in the short and long term rather than overspending and still losing.

Forget it. You still don't understand what I'm saying. No I'm not saying over spend what I'm saying is Do what ever it takes to make us a winner. I'm not seeing that from this organization and haven't seen in all my years of watching the Saints. You don't go 40 years and not make a single Superbowl because you tried your best. Hell we've only been to one NFC championship game and we sat on our hands that offseason after we were beaten handily. We didn't have the team to make it to the Superbowl then and basicly have the same team we had then right now. Is that doing what ever it takes to win? I think not.

So basically you'd rather us underspend and lose than overspend and lose? I'd vote for the latter. At least then it gives the appearance that they are trying to win.

Its not overspending when the cap is going up by record amounts every year and we have near $40 million to spend, to buy 1 CB or 1 LB!!!!

The Young and Gay at CB post still cracks me up. That's been the highlight of free agency for me. At some point, you have to laugh.

The Young and Gay at CB post still cracks me up. That's been the highlight of free agency for me. At some point, you have to laugh.

I would if I didn't invest so much into this team

I appreciate the posters that are trying to stay upbeat and move on to the draft. But I don't think that right now is the time for us all to band together and face the dark night. Right now is when we throw the window open and say we're mad as #### and ain't gonna take it anymore.

This whole free agent fiasco is about nothing but money in the pocket of Benson. New Orleans deserves better than this. First we had to endure Mecom's bufoonery and now it's Benson greed.

I appreciate the posters that are trying to stay upbeat and move on to the draft. But I don't think that right now is the time for us all to band together and face the dark night. Right now is when we throw the window open and say we're mad as #### and ain't gonna take it anymore.

This whole free agent fiasco is about nothing but money in the pocket of Benson. New Orleans deserves better than this. First we had to endure Mecom's bufoonery and now it's Benson greed.

We have to re-sign Marques Colston, Will Smith, Jahri Evans, Jon Vilma within the next year. Every one of those players will more legitimately command the types of contracts we are seeing this year from lesser free agents if they get to that point. Keep in mind that we'll also have to sign Jammal Brown to an extension in the near future. Additionally, we have to fill out our roster this season just to meet a minimum roster count. Now, with all that in mind, how would you suggest our front office approach this free agency period, which is chock full of mediocre, borderline starters and career backups? Would you like us to pay all-pro salaries to the likes of Drayton Florence or send more draft picks to teams for players entering their 30's, such as any number of the "big-name" trades that have occurred so far. We've traded for Vilma, which immediately upgrades our entire defense (I'm taking it on faith that he's as far along in his recovery as he's indicated). We've re-signed some of our own lower-level free agents to keep continuity along the offensive line. We have several players on our team that have, at times, flashed the potential to develop into solid contributors (most successful teams allow their young players a year or two to grow - the Redskins are an example of your line of thinking in practice). We also have a draft coming up during which we will have the opportunity to add more young talent. And I haven't even mentioned the fact that we are only in the 2nd day of free agency...

Absolutely scary scenario right there. Hell, the way we bring in FA's and not play them Simoneau may be starting ahead of Vilma.

I want a Lombardi Trophy. If I owned the Saints I do what ever it takes to win. Say what you want about Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones, but there's no denying those two owners want to win at all costs every friggin' year.

and how far has that gotten them.

If we draft that stud DT and that stud LB, the secondary may not matter as much.

It's day 2. The top FA's are gone, yes. It's probably a good thing. Moss is the best example of a highly paid guy that can either be good, horrible, or great depending on where he's at. I'd rather gamble with less money.

Any an CB who can play physical and isn't a turtle.. oh, and maybe has played some man to man coverage will probably do just fine for us.

for all we know, our team could consider a change in defensive scheme... minor or major.

I for one hope we blitz more.

So basically you'd rather us underspend and lose than overspend and lose? I'd vote for the latter. At least then it gives the appearance that they are trying to win.

No, I'd rather try to build a team the right way, giving your team a chance to win, rather then stupidly spend money on overpriced free agents and still lose the way Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder do.

My point was that when RS said that we should spend like Jones and Snyder he was using a very poor choice of examples. Those guys are the poster children for why going after every big name free agent with huge amounts on money does not work.

Forget it. You still don't understand what I'm saying. No I'm not saying over spend what I'm saying is Do what ever it takes to make us a winner.

And the examples you used of "doing whatever it takes to be a winner" are post Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Jones, and Daniel Snyder. And what they do does not work. Throwing money at big name free agents does not win you Super Bowls.

Samuel and maybe Briggs would have been nice, but it's not the end of it all. There are still other options out there to improve the defense.

I'd maybe like to see more of a Paul Allen approach. Target one or two high-quality FA's and make sure you get them. Guys like Wistrom, Peterson, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom