What Person in History Would You Like to Meet? (1 Viewer)

I don't think PT Barnum even did that. And he peddled his products to huge crowds wherever he performed believing there were suckers and fools born every second.

I don't think PT Barnum even did that. And he peddled his products to huge crowds wherever he performed believing there were suckers and fools born every second.
Barnum was right.
Or else there would never be the TV show KUWTK.

Oscar Wilde was also right when he said that everyone loves you when you're dead. A good example of this truism comes in the form of a fictional TV character of a landmark fantasy medieval TV series called Game of Thrones. This character: Ned Stark, patriarch of the Stark family, was beheaded at the end of Season 1, episode 9. Everyone, from those who despised, hated, or respected him long after his character's death, kept saying how much they respected him or wished Jon Snow or other Stark family members could live up to his legacy or achievements.

Undead, as much of a child prodigy and ridiculously gifted musician Mozart was, I've wrestled with temptation to say his life was mostly underachieved. He should've accomplished far more with his immense knowledge that what he did, and I know some might say, "Sure, but what he did achieve was considerable enough", it's still a damn shame that a prodigy who began writing music at age 5 and came from a strict, aristocratic background ended up dying penniless, broke, and riddled with tuberculous that after his funeral, his body was dumped into a landfill outside Vienna. He should've had a long, successful career and life like Pablo Picasso did dying at the age of 90. Mozart was a bit of an Epicurean, like Picasso and later on Jim Morrison to a more extreme extent. Their lives mostly centered around a constant need of and love of knowledge, adventure, unnecessary forays in dangerous situations, and excess. The pursuit of excess, whether it was alcohol, drugs, or intellectual pursuits, that epitomizes Epicureansism.

At first I was insulted by you comparing Mozart to Jim Morrison. But I consider Mozart the original "Rock Star".

That's why I want to meet him. A self destructive genius.

Underachieved? I guess we all do. We all have our demons. Before you judge I want you to sit down and write something equal to this:

So "person in history" excludes relatives ... unless they also happened to be a historical figure?

I mean, I would rather meet long-dead relatives ... or be able to go back and meet my parents when I wasn't even a gleam in their eyes.

But as far as historical figures, it would be a woman. Amelia Earhart or Anne Morrow Lindbergh. Eleanor roosevelt or Jackie O. Marian Anderson or Billie Holiday. Coco Chanel. Marilyn Monroe. Pick a Hepburn - Katharine or Audrey

Last edited:
So "person in history" excludes relatives ... unless they also happened to be a historical figure?

I mean, I would rather meet long-dead relatives ... or be able to go back and meet my parents when I wasn't even a gleam in their eyes.

But as far as historical figures, it would be a woman. Amelia Earhart or Anne Morrow Lindbergh. Eleanor roosevelt or Jackie O. Marian Anderson or Billie Holiday. Coco Chanel. Marilyn Monroe. Pick a Hepburn - Katharine or Audrey

No Ingrid Bergman? Disappointing.

But Billie Holiday and Marilyn Monroe make me want to reconsider my choice.

No. Still Wolfgang.

Junkyard Dog and Ted DiBiase were there too. But my cousin and I didn't meet them. We tried.
don't change the subject, can i lick your hand?

jyd was so nice. i met him at an event in australia. also met bret hart and someone else, who obviously had a lasting impression.

mr perfect and texas tornado would be cool to meet too. god damn all of these dead wrestlers who were awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom